Mini-Series Kinematic Mount for Rectangular Optics
- Kinematic Mount for 1/2" Tall Rectangular Optics
- 4-40 (M3) Mounting Holes
- Compact Footprint
Kinematic Mount for 1/2" Rectangular Optics
MK05S Kinematic Mount with
1/2" Square Aluminum Mirror
- Securely Mount 1/2" Tall Rectangular Optics
- Angular Range: ±4°
- Hardened Steel Inserts at Kinematic Contact Points to Reduce Wear
- Phosphor Bronze Bushings and Stainless Steel Lead Screws for Smooth Adjustment
- Fabricated from Black Anodized Aluminum
The MK05S(/M) Mini-Series Kinematic Mount holds 1/2" tall rectangular optics that are at least 2.54 mm (0.10") thick, such as metallic or dielectric mirrors and diffraction gratings. It features two kinematic adjusters and a compact 0.80" x 0.62" (20.2 mm x 15.8 mm) nominal footprint. Optics such as mirrors, diffraction gratings, and cylindrical lenses are secured using a nylon-tipped locking screw. Both the nylon-tipped setscrew and the two M2.5 x 0.20 adjuster screws accept a 0.050" (1.3 mm) hex key (not included). For ease of adjustment, we recommend using our 0.050" hex key thumbscrews, sold below. Additionally, we offer a locking collar and spanner wrench for locking the adjuster screws in a desired position or for creating a hard stop. These accessories are also available separately below.
The mount features two 4-40 (M3) mounting holes for mounting onto our Ø6 mm Mini-Series posts or Ø12 mm pedestal posts. Our Mini-Series post holders allow our Ø6 mm posts to be mounted onto our Mini-Series breadboards.
Thorlabs also offers Mini-Series Kinematic Mirror Mounts, which resemble the compact size of the MK05S(/M) and are available for mounting Ø7 mm, Ø11 mm, or Ø1/2" optics.
|No Comments Posted|
Click to Enlarge
Size Comparison between Our KM05S (Left) and MK05S (Right) 1/2" Optic Kinematic Mounts
- Hold 1/2" Tall Square or Rectangular Optics Using a Nylon-Tipped Setscrew
- Compact Nominal Footprint: 0.80" x 0.62" (20.2 mm x 15.8 mm)
- Resolution: 13.4 mrad (0.76°) per Revolution via Two M2.5 x 0.20 Precision Adjusters
- Two 4-40 (M3) Mounting Holes Enable Mini-Series Post Mounting
Thorlabs' MK05S(/M) Mini-Series Kinematic Mount is designed to mount 1/2" tall rectangular optics in optomechanical setups where space is a premium. The optics can be adjusted using two M2.5 x 0.20 adjuster screws that accept a 0.050" (1.3 mm) hex key (not included). The adjuster screws have a resolution of 13.4 mrad (0.76°) per revolution.
- For Convenient Adjustment of 0.050" Hex-Driven Actuators
- Red, Anodized Adjustment Knob with Engraved Hex Size
- Replaceable Hex Tip
- Sold in Packs of 4
Hex Key Thumbscrews allow for quick, low-profile adjustment of hex-driven actuators, cap screws, and setscrews. Unlike balldrivers, they can be left in the screw's hex socket between adjustments for convenience. The 0.050" size is especially useful for adjusting our imperial, hex-driven, mini-series kinematic mirror mounts, sold above, as well as any 4-40-sized screws, such as the setscrews on our 30 mm cage plates.
Additional hex key thumbscrews are available in sizes from 1/8" to 3/16" and 2 mm to 5 mm.
Click to Enlarge
A single locking collar can lock an adjuster's position with an SPW403 spanner wrench.
- Extremely Compact Lock Nut: 0.07" (1.7 mm) Thick
- Use One Collar To Lock an Adjuster to a Bushing
- Use Two Collars to Create a Hard Stop on an Adjuster
- Locking Collars Sold in Packs of Five
- Install and Remove with the SPW403 Spanner Wrench
These locking collars are only 0.07" (1.7 mm) thick and are constructed of 303 stainless steel. They are compatible with the M2.5 x 0.20 adjusters on our Mini-Series Kinematic Mirror Mounts, Mini-Series Kinematic Mount for Cylindrical Components, and our FiberBench and Post-Mountable Kinematic Tip/Tilt and Rotation Mounts.
The locking collars can be used to lock an adjuster in a desired position, or to create a hard stop at any position to prevent overdriving an adjuster. In addition to using two collars to create a hard stop, a single collar can be epoxied to an adjuster using our G14250 epoxy to create a permanent hard stop. We recommend the SPW403 Spanner Wrench to install or remove these locking collars. The end of the SPW403 is machined to accept a 5/64" hex wrench, which can be used to provide additional torque. The hollow cylindrical construction of the SPW403 allows a tool to pass through the entire length of the spanner wrench and access the adjuster.