Compact Quick Connect Component Positioners for 2" Rails and Stages
- Fine Adjustment of Platforms Along the Rail Axis
- Positioner Provides Up to 0.40" (10.2 mm) of Translation
- Return Positioner Travels Up to 0.17" (4.3 mm)
Fine Tuning the Position of a Translation Stage
XRNN1 Return Positioner
- Clamps Directly to 2" XRN Mating Dovetails
- Included Dovetail Clamp Screw has a Maximum Torque of 15 in•lbs
- Fine Positioning of Stages and Carriers Along a 2" Dovetail Rail
- XRNN(/M) Positioner:
- 1/4"-80 Adjuster Screw Provides 0.013" (320 µm) of Translation per Revolution
- Translation Range of 0.40" (10.2 mm)
- XRNN1(/M) Return Positioner:
- Spring Loaded Plunger with Travel Range of 0.17" (4.3 mm)
- Use with XRNN(/M) Positioner for Bidirectional Adjustment
The XRNN(/M) Translation Stage Positioner and XRNN1(/M) Translation Stage Return Positioner are designed to aid in fine alignment of stages or carriers mounted on a 2" dovetail rail. Each positioner includes a 2" mating dovetail that can be locked to a 2" dovetail rail using a clamping mechanism (3/16" [5.0 mm] hex), providing quick and convenient placement along the rail.
The XRNN(/M) incorporates an F25SS100 1/4"-80 adjuster screw to provide smaller, smoother movement than coarse translation by hand. The screw allows for 0.4" (10.2 mm) of travel before the interior of the bushing is exposed; longer adjuster screws can be installed if desired.
The XRNN1(/M) translation stage return positioner is comprised of a spring-loaded plunger integrated into a 2" mating dovetail clamp. The plunger can travel a maximum range of 0.17" (4.3 mm), and the compression spring tension can also be adjusted with a 5/32" (4.0 mm) hex driver. When used in conjunction, the XRNN(/M) positioner and XRNN1(/M) return positioner provide precision alignment along the axis of a rail. When a carrier or stage is placed between the translation stage positioners, actuating the adjustment screw pushes it toward the XRNN1(/M) return positioner, compressing the spring loaded plunger. Retracting the adjustment screw on the XRNN(/M) positioner causes the spring-loaded plunger on the XRNN1(/M) return positioner to expand, which keeps the carrier or stage in contact with the actuating screw of the XRNN(/M) positioner.
To use, place and lock the positioners along the rail so that they are both in contact with the stage or carrier. Loosen the clamp holding the stage or carriage to the rail, then turn the adjuster screw with a 5/64" (2.0 mm) balldriver to push the platform until the desired amount of translation is achieved.
|XRN Compact Quick Connect Linear Stages|
|25 mm Travel Linear Stages||Rotation Stage||Z-Axis Assembly Kits||Mounting Platforms|
|Mounting Adapters||Positioners||Base Plate||2" Dovetail Rails||Micrometer Conversion Kits|
|No Comments Posted|