Quick Connect Component Positioners for 3" Rails and Stages
- Fine Adjustment of Platforms Along the Rail Axis
- Positioner Provides Up to 1.49" (37.8 mm) of Translation
- Return Positioner Travels Up to 0.29" (7.2 mm)
Fine Tuning the Position of a Translation Stage
XR25N1 Return Positioner
- Clamps Directly to 3" XR Mating Dovetails
- Included Dovetail Clamp Screw has a Maximum Torque of 15 in•lbs
- Fine Positioning of Stages and Carriers Along a 3" Dovetail Rail
- XR25N(/M) Positioner:
- 1/4"-80 Adjuster Screw Provides 0.013" (320 µm) of Translation per Revolution
- Translation Range of 1.49" (37.8 mm)
- XR25N1(/M) Return Positioner:
- Spring Loaded Plunger with Travel Range of 0.29" (7.2 mm)
- Use with XR25N Positioner for Bidirectional Adjustment
The XR25N(/M) Translation Stage Positioner and XR25N1(/M) Translation Stage Return Positioner are designed to aid in fine alignment of stages or carriers mounted on a 3" dovetail rail. Each positioner includes a 3" mating dovetail that can be locked to the rail using a clamping mechanism (3/16" [5 mm] hex), providing quick and convenient placement along the rail. The end opposite the clamp also offers two 8-32 (M4 x 0.7) mounting holes.
The XR25N(/M) incorporates an F25SS200 1/4"-80 adjuster screw to provide smaller, smoother movement than coarse translation by hand. The screw allows for 1.49" (37.8 mm) of travel before the interior of the bushing is exposed; longer adjuster screws can be installed if desired.
The XR25N1(/M) translation stage return positioner is comprised of a spring-loaded plunger integrated into a 3" mating dovetail clamp. The plunger can travel a maximum range of 0.29" (7.2 mm), and the compression spring tension can also be adjusted with a 5/32" (4.0 mm) hex driver. When used in conjunction, the XR25N(/M) positioner and XR25N1(/M) return positioner provide precision alignment along the axis of the rail. When a carrier or stage is placed between the translation stage positioners, actuating the adjustment screw pushes it toward the XR25N1(/M) return positioner, compressing the spring loaded plunger. Retracting the adjustment screw on the XR25N(/M) positioner causes the spring-loaded plunger on the XR25N1(/M) return positioner to expand, which keeps the carrier or stage in contact with the actuating screw of the XR25N(/M) positioner.
To use, place and lock the positioners along the rail so that they are both in contact with the stage or carrier. Loosen the clamp holding the stage or carriage to the rail, then turn the adjuster screw with a 5/64" (2.0 mm) balldriver to push the platform until the desired amount of translation is achieved.
|No Comments Posted|