Computer Accessories for ScienceDesk™ Workstations
- Adjustable LCD Monitor Mount and Articulating Keyboard Arm Preserve Workspace
- Shelf Designed to Hold a Computer CPU
(Post Not Included)
(Keyboard and Mouse Not Included)
ScienceDesk Equipped with Multiple CPU Accessories
Thorlabs currently offers three options for mounting computer accessories around the ScienceDesk™ frame and off of the isolated worksurface. First, a monitor mount can be attached on any of our Ø1.5" mounting posts and allows 360° flexible positioning of an LCD monitor. Secondly, our keyboard holder attaches directly to the frame and also provides 360° positioning along with vertical adjustments for comfort. Finally, we offer a computer shelf that provides extra support by overhanging the ScienceDesk frame.
Please Note: These accessories are compatible with our current ScienceDesks (SD Series) and cannot be used with our former generation (PS Series) products sold before March 2009.
Sample ScienceDesk Workstation Configuration
|Click on the various ScienceDesk accessories or text in the photo below for more information on that item.|
The Following Accessories are Not Shown in the Image Above
- Overhead Shelves with 12° Tilt: Overhead shelves with a 12° downward tilt for easy viewing and storage of equipment in the lab.
- Post-Mounted Components Tray: A 300 mm x 300 mm tray for holding small parts.
- Post-Mounted Breadboard Brackets: Bracket for Attaching up to 300 mm x 300 mm or 12" x 12" breadboards to a mounting post.
- Overhead Storage Tray with Rack: Steel tray for included tool caddy and a front-located steel rack for included linbins.
- Frame Risers: Designed to raise the standard ScienceDesk tabletop to a heoght of 910 mm (35.80"), making it an ideal standing desk.
- 12-Outlet Power Strips: Available with US-, EU-, or UK-style plugs. Fits to the rear rail of the desk or underneath the overhead shelf.
- Storage Rack: Adds plastic storage bins to the side or rear panel of the ScienceDesk. Cannot be used with the Under Table Shelf.
- LED Strip Light: Fits underneath the overhead shelf.
- Cable Tray: Ideal for keeping electrical and fiber optic cables tidy.
Click to Enlarge
Monitor Mount Attached to a PSY161 Post and Mounted on a ScienceDesk
- Compatible with 75 mm x 75 mm (2.95" x 2.95") and 100 mm x 100 mm (3.94" x 3.94") VESA Patterns
- Maximum Load Capacity: 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Mounts to a Ø1.5" Post (Not Included)
The PSY121 Flat Screen Monitor Support Bracket is compatible with 75 mm x 75 mm and 100 mm x 100 mm VESA mounting patterns. These mounting patterns are typically used on small to medium LCD monitor displays. The monitor mount features an articulated arm that allow flexible positioning and has a load capacity of 10 kg (22 lbs).
Click to Enlarge
PSY132 Keyboard Holder
Mounted on a ScienceDesk
- Articulating Arm Keyboard and Mouse Holder
- Includes Wrist Rest
- Attaches to ScienceDesk Frame
This Articulating Arm Keyboard and Mouse Holder is the ideal solution to secure most keyboards and mouse pads to the ScienceDesk frame. The arm attaches to the side rails of the frame and provides 360° of horizontal positionng and vertical adjustment. It is an ergonomic, space-saving alternative to storing the keyboard and mouse on the table itself.
Click to Enlarge
Computer shelf shown holding a CPU and mounted on the upper rail of the ScienceDesk Frame with our monitor mount and keyboard arm.
- Strong, Melamine-Faced, MDF Construction
- Designed to Hold a Computer CPU
- 260 mm x 450 mm (10.2" x 17.7")
- Maximum Load Capacity: 20 kg (44 lbs)
This Computer Shelf can be ergonomically positioned on the surrounding frame of the ScienceDesk and is ideally suited for supporting a computer. It can be mounted to the upper or lower rails of the ScienceDesk frame and provides a shelf size of 260 mm x 450 mm (10.2" x 17.7").