Lighting for ScienceDesk™ Workstations
- LED Light Strip for General Lab Lighting
- Mini LED Light Illuminates a Target Area
Mini LED Light
LED Strip Light
Thorlabs offers two options for general lab lighting. The PSY240 and PSY240E LED light strips can be mounted underneath a rack or a shelf, such as our ScienceDesk™ Overhead Shelves, and are ideal for illuminting a large work area. These 850 mm (33.46") long light strips are held in place by three spring clips. The PSY240E is shipped with a 4.3 m extension cable for compatibility with our Laminar Flow Enclosures. The PSX501 is a compact, battery-operated LED light source with a flexible neck for easy positioning and illumination of the target area.
Please Note: These accessories are compatible with our current ScienceDesks (SD Series) and cannot be used with our former generation (PS Series) products sold before March 2009.
Sample ScienceDesk Workstation Configuration
|Click on the various ScienceDesk accessories or text in the photo below for more information on that item.|
The Following Accessories are Not Shown in the Image Above
- Overhead Shelves with 12° Tilt: Overhead shelves with a 12° downward tilt for easy viewing and storage of equipment in the lab.
- Post-Mounted Components Tray: A 300 mm x 300 mm tray for holding small parts.
- Post-Mounted Breadboard Brackets: Bracket for Attaching up to 300 mm x 300 mm or 12" x 12" breadboards to a mounting post.
- Overhead Storage Tray with Rack: Steel tray for included tool caddy and a front-located steel rack for included linbins.
- Frame Risers: Designed to raise the standard ScienceDesk tabletop to a heoght of 910 mm (35.80"), making it an ideal standing desk.
- 12-Outlet Power Strips: Available with US-, EU-, or UK-style plugs. Fits to the rear rail of the desk or underneath the overhead shelf.
- LED Strip Light: Fits underneath the overhead shelf.
- Cable Tray: Ideal for keeping electrical and fiber optic cables tidy.
|No Comments Posted|
|# of LEDs||51|
|Voltage||12 VDC (Power Supply Included)|
|Dimensions||850 mm x 17.4 mm x 8.2 mmb
(33.46" x 0.69" x 0.32")
- 850 mm (33.46") Long
- PSY240E Come with a 4.3 m Extension Cable
- ON/OFF Switch
- Sturdy Aluminum Base Resists Warping
- Frosted Plastic Cover Ensures Even Spread of Light
- Shipped with 3 Spring Clips, 3 M6 Screws, and a Power Supply
- The PSY240E Also Ships with 3 T-Nuts and a 4.3 m Extension Cord
These rigid LED Light Strips are 850 mm (33.46") long, and are held in place by three spring clips. They are easily fitted underneath a rack or a shelf, such as our ScienceDesk overhead shelves or Overhead Trays with Racks. The strip lights can also be mounted over a bench for general laboratory use. The PSY240E comes with three T-Nuts and a 4.3 m extension cable for use with our Laminar Flow Enclosures. The three M6 screws shipped with the PSY240E are 6 mm long, making it our only light strip compatible with the Laminar Flow Enclosures.
- Bright, Long-Lasting LED Lamp
- Lens Provides an Even Distribution of Light
- Can be Mounted with the Clamp or Magnetic Base
- Uses 3 Standard AAA Batteries (Included)
This compact, battery-operated unit allows direct lighting onto almost any surface. The unit can be attached to the work surface via the clip fastener or the magnetic base. A flexible neck allows the light to be directed easily onto the area of interest. This bright LED source provides as much light as 3 standard LEDs and the lens ensures an even distribution of light over the work area. The unit folds for easy storage and is powered by 3 AAA batteries (included).