Lab Bench for ScienceDesk Workstations
- 1700 mm x 600 mm Work Surface
- Compatible with Wide Range of ScienceDesk Accessories
- Steel Support Frame with Melamine-Faced MDF Tabletop
Lab Bench, Nominal 793 mm
Work Surface Height
PSY501 Lab Bench Equipped with Various ScienceDesk Accessories
Leveling Feet for
±25.0 mm of
Click to Enlarge
|Work Surface||1700 mm x 600 mm
(66.93" x 23.62")
|793.4 mm (31.24")|
|Load Capacity||350 kg (770 lbs)|
- Brackets Attach Bench to ScienceDesk™ Frame In Multiple Orientations
- Rear Ø17.5 mm Through Holes for Post-Mounted ScienceDesk Accessories
- M6 x 1.0 Taps Along Front and Rear of Frame for Power Strips, Light Strips,
or Cable Trays
- Two Cable Ports For Routing and Organizing Cables
- Optional Casters Allow for Easy Relocation Throughout the Lab
- Optional Risers Allow for Comfortable Standing Use
- Steel Frame with Melamine-Faced MDF Tabletop
Thorlabs' PSY501 Free-Standing Lab Bench has a 1700 mm x 600 mm work surface to provide additional preparation or storage space in the lab. The bench is designed to have a nominal work surface height of 793 mm so that it is level with the work surface of any ScienceDesk™ workstation. Additionally, the steel support frame can support loads up to 350 kg and has leveling feet for height adjustments up to ±25.0 mm. Two ports with removable covers are provided for managing cables.
As shown in the photo to the right, two brackets are included to attach the bench directly to the upper rails of the ScienceDesk frame. The brackets can be mounted to any side of the bench using the included M8 screws, thus allowing for it to be placed in any orientation around the ScienceDesk. The bench will not interfere with the isolated work surface when attached to the ScienceDesk frame.
ScienceDesk Accessory Compatibility
Any post-mounted ScienceDesk accessory, including shelving, storage, or monitor and keyboard mounts, can be attached to the bench using the rear-located Ø17.5 mm through holes. The bench also includes four M6 x 1.0 tapped mounting holes along the front and rear of the supporting frame. These mounting holes allow various ScienceDesk accessories, such as power strips, light strips, or cable trays, to be attached to the edge of the bench.
PSY140 Casters can be mounted to the bottom rails of the desk to convert it into a mobile workstation. A 19" rack chassis can also be attached to the desk using the PSY177 Brackets, available below. PSY170 Risers can be mounted to the legs of your Lab Bench increasing its surface height to 910 mm (nominal). If risers are applied, the casters cannot be used due to the height increase.
- Locking Mechanism Prevents Unintentional Movement
- Max Load: 320 kg (704 lbs) (Set of Four)
These Casters attach to the bottom of a lab bench to convert it into a mobile workstation. Once the bench is in the desired location, a foot can be lowered on each leg of the frame to provide a stable work environment. The casters also feature a locking mechanism to prevent inadvertent movement when the frame's feet are not lowered. They are sold in a Set of Four.
- Set of Four Risers for our Lab Benches
- Adjusts our Lab Benches to the Height of the 910 mm Tall Standing ScienceDesks
- Compatible with All ScienceDesk Frame Types
The PSY170 set of four risers elevates Thorlabs' Lab Benches to a height of 910 mm (35.8"), making them the ideal height for use while standing. Remove the existing feet and secure each 145 mm (5.71") tall riser to a leg of the Lab Bench frame using the top-located M16 bolt. Refit the standard Lab Bench feet to the bottom of the risers, and level the frame in the usual way. Due to the height increase, the PSY140 Casters cannot be used with these frame risers.These risers, which are sold in a set of four, are not compatible with our Corner ScienceDesks. Please contact Tech Support if you wish to order a set of five.
Click to Enlarge
(Left) First Attach the Bracket to the Chassis and then (Right) Attach the Bracket to the Lab Bench Frame
- PSY177 Brackets Required to Attach Rack Chassis to Lab Bench
- Standard 19" EIA Equipment Rack
- 360 mm (14.17") High, 8U Capacity
- Heavy-Duty, 3" Wide Vertical Channels
- Load Capacity: 60 kg (132 lb)
The TFR19 Heavy-Duty Instrumentation Rack is manufactured from industrial-grade steel, U-channels, and angle extrusions. It can support up to 60 kg (132 lbs) when the weight is distributed evenly throughout the height of the rack.
As shown in the photo to the right, the PSY177 bracket is required to attach the rack chassis to the frame of the lab bench. First attach the bracket to the TFR19 Rack Chassis and then mount that assembly to the inside of the lab bench frame using the provided M8 screws.
Once the chassis is fitted, the lab bench can be used with our range of 19" Rack Hardware and other industry-standard 19" lab equipment.