Frame Adapters for ScienceDesk™ Workstations
- Lockable Casters Attach to Bottom Rails and Facilitate Movement in the Lab
- Frame Risers Attach to ScienceDesk Legs and Increase Work Surface Height
(Set of Four)
Frame Risers (Set of Four)
ScienceDesk Equipped with Casters and Other Accessories
Thorlabs' ScienceDesk frame can be equipped with casters or frame risers. Casters, which facilitate movement throughout the lab, attach to the bottom rail of the frame and contain a locking mechanism to prevent unwanted movement. We also offer frame risers. These attach to the legs of the ScienceDesk and increase the height of the work surface by 145 mm (5.71"), making the desk ideal for use while standing.
Please Note: These accessories are compatible with our current ScienceDesks (SD Series) and cannot be used with our former generation (PS Series) products sold before March 2009.
Sample ScienceDesk Workstation Configuration
|Click on the various ScienceDesk accessories or text in the photo below for more information on that item.|
The Following Accessories are Not Shown in the Image Above
- Overhead Shelves with 12° Tilt: Overhead shelves with a 12° downward tilt for easy viewing and storage of equipment in the lab.
- Post-Mounted Components Tray: A 300 mm x 300 mm tray for holding small parts.
- Post-Mounted Breadboard Brackets: Bracket for Attaching up to 300 mm x 300 mm or 12" x 12" breadboards to a mounting post.
- Overhead Storage Tray with Rack: Steel tray for included tool caddy and a front-located steel rack for included linbins.
- Frame Risers: Designed to raise the standard ScienceDesk tabletop to a heoght of 910 mm (35.80"), making it an ideal standing desk.
- 12-Outlet Power Strips: Available with US-, EU-, or UK-style plugs. Fits to the rear rail of the desk or underneath the overhead shelf.
- LED Strip Light: Fits underneath the overhead shelf.
- Cable Tray: Ideal for keeping electrical and fiber optic cables tidy.
|No Comments Posted|
- Locking Mechanism Prevents Unintentional Movement
- Max Load: 320 kg (704 lbs) (Set of Four)
These Casters attach to the bottom of a ScienceDesk frame to convert it into a mobile workstation. Once the ScienceDesk is in the desired location, a foot can be lowered on each leg of the frame to provide a stable work environment. The casters also feature a locking mechanism to prevent inadvertent movement when the frame's feet are not lowered. They are sold in a Set of Four.
Click to Enlarge
ScienceDesk Frame Elevated with Frame Risers
(The Enlargement Shows a Detailed View of the Frame Riser and Where it is Installed on the ScienceDesk)
- Set of Four Risers for Our ScienceDesk Frames
- Adjusts our Standard ScienceDesks to the Height of the 910 mm Tall Standing ScienceDesks
- Compatible with All Frame Types
The PSY170 set of four risers elevates Thorlabs' ScienceDesk frames to a height of 910 mm (35.8"), making them the ideal height for use while standing. Remove the existing feet and secure each 145 mm (5.71") tall riser to a leg of the ScienceDesk frame using the top-located M16 bolt. Refit the standard ScienceDesk feet to the bottom of the risers, and level the frame in the usual way. Due to the height increase, the casters (PSY140) cannot be used with these frame risers.
These risers, which are sold in a set of four, are not compatible with our Corner ScienceDesks. Please contact Tech Support if you wish to order a set of five.