Four Versions to Choose from:
- 1 x 2 MEMS PRO8 Series Optical Switch Module: OSW8102
- 1 x 4 MEMS PRO8 Series Optical Switch Module: OSW8104
- 1 x 8 MEMS PRO8 Series Optical Switch Module: OSW8108
- 2 x 2 MEMS PRO8 Series Optical Switch Module: OSW8202
- Operating Wavelength 1240 - 1610 nm
- Switching Configuration 1x2, 1x4, 1x8, or 2x2
- Switching time <1 ms
- MEMS based fiber optic switches
- Free LabVIEW™ and LabWindows™/CVI drivers
- All Models Occupy 1 PRO8 Slot
The OSW8000 Series Optical Switches are MEMS (microelectro-mechanical) based plug-in modules for the PRO8 platform. They provide additional “building-blocks” when constructing automated optical test networks. Four different bidirectional switching modules are available, providing highly flexible routing of optical signals.
These bidirectional switches have a typical switching time of 0.5 ms, and a broad wavelength range of 1240 nm to 1610 nm. The four different modules provide 1x2, 1x4, 1x8, and 2x2 switches with low insertion loss and repeatability of ±0.01 dB.
MEMS Technology for Long Lifetime
The switching mechanism is based on silicon MEMS (microelectro- mechanical) technology which ensures very long lifetime and is inherently fast. This technology also provides very low crosstalk between channels; the 1x4 and 1x8 switches have a maximum crosstalk specification of -60 dB. The 1x2 and 2x2 are both rated at -50 dB.
The display menu of the PRO8 chassis allows configuration of any OSW8000 module. The operational parameters are easily accessed using mneumonic symbols, and simple prompts provide user-friendly operations.
For further information, please contact Tech Support.
||1 x 2
||1 x 4
||1 x 8
||2 x 2
||0.5 ms Typical (1 ms Max)
||1240 to 1610 nm
|Input Power (Max)
|Insertion Loss (Typical/Max)a
||0.7 dB / <1.5 dB
||1.2 dB / <2.1 dB
||1.6 dB / <2.6 dB
||0.7 dB / <1.5 dB
|PDL (1550 nm)
||FC/APC; Others Upon Request
||0 to 35 °C
||-10 °C to +60 °C
||1 PRO8 Slot
The following parts are included together with each of our OSW8000 Series Optical Switch Modules:
- 1 OSW8000 Series Optical Switch Module
- Operating Manual