Piezoelectric Inertia Stage to 30 mm Cage Mount
- Mount an ORIC® PD1(/M) or PD2(/M) Piezo Inertia Stage in a 30 mm Cage System for Precise Z- or X-Axis Translation
- Use PD1FM Mount to Vertically Center a Ø1" Optic in the Cage System when Secured to a PD1(/M) Stage on the Stage-to-Cage Mount
Stage to 30 mm Cage Mount,
Stainless Steel Fixed Mount for Ø1" Optics
When used with a PD1(/M) Stage and XPCM1(/M) Mount, the PD1FM Fixed Optic Mount vertically centers a Ø1" optic along the optical axis of a 30 mm Cage System.
Click to Enlarge
- XPCM1(/M) Stage to 30 mm Cage System Mount
- PD1FM Ø1" Optic Mount:
- Compatible with the ORIC® PD1(/M) Translation Stage
- Can be Mounted Parallel or Perpendicular to the Stage's Translation Direction
- Vertically Centers Optic in 30 mm Cage System when Combined with a PD1(/M) Stage and the XPCM1(/M) Mount
The XPCM1(/M) Mount allows a PD1(/M) or PD2(/M) ORIC® Piezoelectric Inertia Stage to be mounted in a 30 mm Cage System. Four flexure clamping mechanisms allow the mount to snap onto two of the cage rods in a 30 mm cage system; the 5/64" (2.0 mm) hex setscrew on the side of each flexure mechanism can be tightened to lock the mount in place. Threaded holes, counterbores, and dowel pin holes in the base plate allow a PD1(/M) stage or PD2U(/M) adapter plate with a PD2(/M) stage on top to be secured to the XPCM1(/M) mount. The stage is constructed from black anodized aluminum.
Additionally, the PD1FM Ø1" Optic Mount is designed to vertically center an optic in a 30 mm cage system when mounted to a PD1(/M) 20 mm piezoelectric inertia translation stage supported by the XPCM1(/M) stage to cage mount. Two pairs of 2-56 (M2) counterbores allow the optic mount to be installed parallel or perpendicular to the stage's direction of translation, enabling z- or x-axis adjustment of an optic's position within the cage system. This mount is SM1 (1.035"-40) threaded and includes a POLARIS-SM1RR retaining ring for securing the optic.
Thorlabs also offers the CT1P(/M) 30 mm Cage Compatible Translation Stage, which provides up to 160 µm closed-loop piezo-driven travel and 12 mm of manual travel and is compatible with a variety of accessories for mounting Ø1/2" and Ø1" optics.
|No Comments Posted|
Click for Details
Mounting Hole Pattern for the XPCM1(/M) Stage to Cage Mount. Dimensions and threads for the metric part are given in parentheses.
- Mount a PD1(/M) or PD2(/M) Piezoelectric Inertia Stage in a 30 mm Cage System
- Variety of Mounting Holes Provided:
- 2-56 (M2 x 0.4) Holes for Securing a PD1(/M) 20 mm Stage
- #00 (M1.2) Counterbores for Attaching the PD2U(/M) Adapter for PD2(/M) Stages
- 8-32 (M4) Holes for PD1(/M) Stages, PD2U(/M) Plates, and Mounting to
- Array of Dowel Pin Holes to Aid with Stage Alignment
- Snap-On Installation onto and Removal from- the Cage System
- Anodized Aluminum Construction
The XPCM1(/M) Stage to 30 mm Cage Mount is designed to integrate a PD1(/M) or PD2(/M) piezoelectric inertia stage into a 30 mm cage system. It has four snap-on tabs that allow for easy installation and removal of the mount from the ER cage rods; a 5/64" (2.0 mm) hex setscrew on each tab can be tightened to secure the mount in place.
The mount features a hole pattern that permits several options for mounting piezoelectric inertia stages and adapter plates. Four 2-56 (M2 x 0.4) mounting holes and four Ø0.08" (2.0 mm) dowel holes enable the PD1(/M) piezoelectric inertia stage to be directly mounted to the surface. Two #00 (M1.2) counterbores and two Ø0.04" (1.0 mm) dowel holes allow for compatibility with the PD2U(/M) adapter plate, permitting the mounting of Thorlabs' PD2(/M) 5 mm linear translation stage. Three 8-32 (M4 x 0.7) threaded thru holes down the center line can be used for post mounting the XPCM1(/M) mount, or as another option for securing a PD1(/M) stage or PD2U(/M) adapter plate.
Note: When mounting the PD1(/M) stage to a surface with >5 µm flatness, such as the XPCM1(/M) stage to cage mount, the mounting torque may need to be reduced from the recommended values in order for the velocity variation and pitch/yaw of the stage to meet the specifications for the stage. For more information, see the PD1(/M) 20 mm translation stage web presentation.
Click for Details
Mounting Holes on the PD1FM Optic Mount
- Vertically Centers an Optic Along the 30 mm Cage System Optical Axis when Used with the PD1(/M) Stage and the XPCM1(/M) Mount
- Mount Optic at 0 or 90° to the Stage's Translation Axis
- SM1-Threaded Optic Bore with Included POLARIS-SM1RR Retaining Ring
- Mounts Ø1" Optics up to 0.28" (7.1 mm) Thick
The PD1FM Fixed Optic Mount is designed to mount a Ø1" optic along the optical axis of a 30 mm cage system when used with a PD1(/M) stage and XPCM1(/M) mount, as shown in the photo in the Overview tab.
The base plate has two pairs of 2-56 (M2) counterbored mounting holes and four 0.07" (1.8 mm) deep alignment pin holes for mounting at 0 or 90° to the translation axis of the PD1(/M) piezoelectric inertia stage, enabling z- or x-axis adjustment; two Ø2 mm alignment pins are included with the PD1FM mount. When incorporated into a 30 mm cage system using a PD1(/M) stage mounted on the stage to cage mount above, the full 20 mm translation range of the PD1(/M) stage is achievable in the z direction while the cutouts in the sides of the PD1FM mount provide clearance for ±3 mm of movement along the X-axis.
The optic bore has 0.36" (9.1 mm) deep SM1 (1.035"-40) threads and can hold optics up to 0.28" (7.1 mm) thick when used with the included POLARIS-SM1RR retaining ring.