PMT Housing for Side-On Hamamatsu PMTs
- Light-Tight Design Securely Holds PMT via Threaded Retaining Collar
- 30 mm Cage and SM1 Lens Tube Compatible
- Post Mountable via 8-32 (M4) and 1/4"-20 (M6) Taps
- Active Area of PMT Centered in SM1-Threaded Bore
- Light-Tight Mounting of PMT into PXT1 Housing
- Light-Tight Mounting of Filters and Imaging Optics Using SM1 (1.035"-40) Lens Tubes
- Optical Axis Defined by Cage and Lens Tube Compatibility Simplifies Alignment
- Easily Mount Imaging and Filtering Optics on the Optical Axis
The PXT1 provides a compact, light-tight mounting solution for integrating Ø1-1/8" barrel side on photomultiplier tubes (PMTs) into Thorlabs' SM1 (1.035"-40) lens tubes and 30 mm cage system, eliminating the need to design custom adapter plates for these PMTs. In addition, a wide range of adapters are available to support alternative mounting options. For post mounting, the PXT1 body features 8-32 and 1/4"-20 taps, while the PXT1/M has M4 and M6 taps.
To insert the PMT into the PXT1, first remove the retaining collar. As seen in the drawings below, the PMT is slid into the main body of the PXT1 PMT housing and then the retaining collar can be screwed on to lock the PMT in and provide a second light tight seal.
Solidworks Drawing of PMT in Housing
Housing Cross Section