Vibration Isolation for Microscopy Applications
- Portable, Passive Isolation System
- Compatible with Leica, Olympus, Nikon, and Zeiss Microscopes
- Provides Large Working Area and Three-Point Stability
Breadboard can be Purchased Separately
Breadboard Available Separately
Microscope Not Included
- Portable, Passive Vibration Isolation
- Designed for Major Manufacturers' Microscopes
- Two Sizes:
- 600 mm x 600 mm (23.6" x 23.6")
- 900 mm x 600 mm (35.4" x 23.6")
- Load Capacity, Including Breadboard: 45 - 180 kg (100 - 400 lb)
Thorlabs' IsoPlate Vibration Damping Systems provide passive vibration isolation for medium-sensitivity microscopy measurements. They consist of a lightweight support base with pneumatic isolators at all four corners. A choice of breadboards is available separately, with an array of 1/4"-20 or M6 tapped holes, or an untapped (no holes) work surface. This two-piece design is simple to install and minimizes coupling between the microscope, table, and floor. It is compatible with any breadboard and microscope pair which has a combined weight that is less than 180 kg.
The IsoPlate support plate contains four rubber pads, underneath which are four inflated cushions. A pair of these cushions shares an air reservoir, and the remaining two cushions have independent reservoirs. This arrangement provides stable, three-point dynamics to the system. For a detailed plot of the transmissibility from 1 Hz to 50 Hz, please see the Graphs tab.
Air suspension is achieved by three Schrader valves on the front panel of the IsoPlate, which can be inflated by a standard foot pump.
Measured Transmissibility Curve
This graph shows the measured vibration transmissibility for frequencies from 1 Hz to 50 Hz