- HCP for Post Mounting FiberPorts
- HCL and HCL2 Attach FiberPorts to HeNe Lasers
- CP08FP(/M) Centers Any FiberPort in a 30 mm Cage System
Thorlabs offers adapters to mount our FiberPorts on Ø1/2" posts, within 30 mm cage systems, or directly to HeNe Lasers. Here you will find the HCP Post Mounting Adapter, the HCL and HCL2 HeNe to FiberPort Adapters, and the CP08FP 30 mm Cage System Adapter. For more FiberPort accessories, explore our FiberBenches.
jeffchen  (posted 2015-06-08 11:04:34.817)
The HCL should be thicker. If it is applied to PAF-X-18 series of fiber port, they could bot be mounted on a HeNe laser. The end of the fiber port will be protruded the plane of HCL.
besembeson  (posted 2015-09-03 12:03:13.0)
Response from Bweh at Thorlabs USA: That is correct. We plan on modifying this accordingly.
Click to Enlarge
FiberPort mounted to the HCP.
- Four 2-56 Threaded Holes in Front Plate to Secure FiberPort
- 8-32, 1/4"-20 (M6), and M4 Mounting Holes in Base
The L-Bracket FiberPort Post Mount has four 2-56 threaded holes for securing a FiberPort to the front plate, as seen in the photo to the right. The bottom of the L-bracket can be easily attached to an optical table, a breadboard, or a post since it has 8-32 and M4-threaded holes as well as a counterbored through hole for a 1/4"-20 or an M6 screw.
Click to Enlarge
HCL Adapter Mounts FiberPort to HeNe Laser
- Attaches to Lasers That Have Industry-Standard, 4-40 or M3 Four-Bolt Patterns
- Central Bore with C-Mount Threading
- Mounting Cap Screws with 4-40 and M3 Threading Included
- Four 2-56 Screws Included for Attaching a FiberPort
The HCL Adapter allows a FiberPort to be directly attached to the front of a standard cylindrical HeNe laser (mechanical drawing shown below). Equipped with a four-bolt pattern on 1" centers, the adapter comes with the necessary 4-40 and M3 cap screws for attaching it to the HeNe laser body, as well as the additional four cap screws needed to attach a FiberPort. The four-bolt pattern on the HCL accommodates both the M3-threaded Ø1.38" (Ø34.9 mm) and 4-40-threaded Ø1.47" (Ø36 mm) standards. For added mounting options, the HCL also has internal C-Mount (1.000"-32) threading, which is utilized on some lasers.
For cylindrical lasers, the 2.0 mm focal length PAF2-2A and 4.6 mm focal length PAF2-5A FiberPorts, which are compatible with the HCL, are recommended. For more information, please see the Selection Guide tab on our FiberPorts page.
Click to Enlarge
FiberPort Mounted onto a Self-Contained
HeNe Laser Using an HCL2 Adapter
- External 5/8"-32 Threading is Compatible with Thorlabs' Self-Contained HeNe Lasers
- 5/8"-32 External Threading
- Slip Plate Design for Coarse FiberPort Alignment
The HCL2 Adapter, which features external 5/8"-32 threading, allows a FiberPort coupler to be attached directly to the threaded aperture of our self-contained HeNe lasers or any other 5/8"-32 tapped hole. A slip-plate design allows the position of the FiberPort to be shifted and locked to maximize coupling efficiency. FiberPort mounting screws are included.
FiberPort mounted in the CP08FP Cage Plate.
- Integrates FiberPort Products into 30 mm Cage Systems
- Allows Stable Fiber Launch Solutions for Cage System Applications
- Directly Compatible with Our Ø1" Lens Tubes
- Mounting Screws Included
The CP08FP(/M) is designed to center a FiberPort inside a 30 mm cage system. ER rods can be inserted into the four holes provided in the adapter as shown in the boxed image to the right. In addition, the four 2-56 stainless steel socket head screws necessary to secure a FiberPort to the adapter are included, each of which is 1/4" long. The cage plate has internal SM1 threading, enabling it to be used with our extensive line of lens tubes.
The CP08FP features enhanced cage-rod flexure clamps, which are designed to securely hold the cage plate in position for greater stability of the FiberPort system.