Thorlabs is committed to the privacy of our customers. The following is an Overview of the Privacy Statement of Thorlabs, Inc.
THORLABS, INC. UNITED STATES/EUROPEAN UNION SAFE HARBOR PRIVACY STATEMENT (“PRIVACY STATEMENT”) OVERVIEW (“OVERVIEW”)
(Last Updated Nov 06, 2008)
- This Overview highlights the Thorlabs, Inc. (“Thorlabs”) United States/European Union Safe Harbor Privacy Statement, found at: privacy statement. This Overview and the Privacy Statement apply to the Internet sites Thorlabs.com (the “Sites”).
- When you use the Sites, Thorlabs may ask you to provide certain personal information. Thorlabs may also collect certain non-personal information concerning your use and activity related to the Sites.
- The information Thorlabs collects may be combined with information collected from each of the Sites.
Uses of Information
- Thorlabs uses the information Thorlabs collects from the Sites to provide the services requested by you. Thorlabs services may include the display of personalized content and advertising.
- Thorlabs uses your information to inform you about the products or services offered by Thorlabs and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and to send you relevant information related to Thorlabs.
- Thorlabs does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. In order to help provide its services, it occasionally provides customer information to other companies that work on its behalf.
- You can choose to stop delivery of promotional e-mail from the Sites by following the instructions included in each such email.
- To view and edit your personal information, go to the Data Integrity and Access section of the Privacy Statement.
How to Contact Us
- For more information about Thorlabs privacy practices and its contact information, please see the Privacy Statement.
Special Note to Users of Thorlabs.com
- Display names of Thorlabs.com users are not publicly available. However, if you elect to post a comment to a blog or post in a forum on Thorlabs.com, then you will be assigned a nickname that will be publicly available.
Thorlabs.com Auto Login Feature
If your are the sole user of your computer and if no one else that you do not trust has access to it, you may use the auto login ("Remember Me") feature to avoid typing in your password each time you login to Thorlabs.com.
To activate this function you just have to click the Remember Me check box next time you login. Please note that this feature relies on a cookie so you must enable them on your web browser. Once activated, The My Account link on the front page (Home page) will lead you directly to your profile data. You will not have to enter your user name or password.
WARNING Privacy Issue:: If you have any concern about the privacy of your data we recommend strongly that you do not use the auto login feature as it lets everyone who has access to your computer view your personal data. In particular we recommend to not use it on any public computer, work computer or any computer that may not be really reserved to your sole usage.
We provided this for the convenience of those who do not share a computer and who use Thorlabs.com mostly from a private workstation.
To deactivate the auto login feature, login to Thorlabs.com and then click the "Logout" link at the very top of the page. This should deactivate the auto login feature and you should be prompted for your user name and password at your next login.