Laser Diode and Photodiode Accessories
- Sockets for Photodiodes and Laser Diodes
- Solder-Tail and Pass-Through Designs for Photodiodes
- ESD-Protected, Strain-Relieved Assemblies Provide Safe
and Convenient Access to Laser Diodes
Thorlabs offers a versatile range of accessories for convenient integration of photodiodes and laser diodes into functional systems. Our photodiode sockets, which can be permanently soldered into your system, are offered in both solder tail and pass-through designs. The pass through design allows leads to pass directly through the receptacle, which eliminates the need to shorten any leads and reduces the risk of damaging your device. Our large selection of photodiode sockets, shown on this page, are compatible with our TO-5, TO-8, TO-18, TO-39, and TO-46 photodiode packages. Laser diode sockets are also available and are ideal for OEM-type implementations. They are compatible with our selection of Ø5.6 mm to Ø9 mm laser diode packages. All laser diode sockets offered on this page as well as the 6.1 mm and 9.1 mm diameter photodiode sockets are also available in packs of 5. Our large selection of strain-relieved assemblies provides a convenient method of connecting your Ø5.6 mm to Ø9 mm laser diodes to our line of Laser Diode Drivers.
|No Comments Posted|
- Sockets Compatible with TO-5, TO-8, TO-18, TO-39, and TO-46 Photodiode Packages
- Offered in Solder Tail or Pass-Through Receptacle Designs
- FR4-PCB Base [3.18 mm (0.125") Thick]
- 6.1 mm and 9.1 mm Diameter Photodiode Sockets Also Available in Packs of 5
Thorlabs offers a variety of photodiode sockets compatible with a range of photodiodes in a TO can package. The STO46S, STO5S, and STO8S have a solder-tail design, which can be permanently soldered into your system. The STO46P, STO5P, and STO8P feature a pass-through receptacle that is designed for diodes with longer leads. These sockets are open at the end and allow leads to pass directly through the socket, eliminating the need to cut the diode leads, which could damage the device.
For both our solder-tail and pass-through sockets, we recommend the socket be soldered prior to installing the photodiode, as heat can damage photodiodes.
- Sockets Compatible with Ø3.8 mm, Ø5.6 mm, Ø9 mm, or TO-5 Can Laser Diodes
- Models Available with 3 or 4 Gold-Plated Beryllium Copper (BeCu) Contacts
- Also Available in Packs of 5
Thorlabs offers a range of laser diode sockets that provide compatibility with our wide selection of Ø3.8 mm, Ø5.6 mm, Ø9 mm, and TO-5 Can laser diode packages. These sockets have gold-plated BeCu contacts and meet RoHS compliance. The S8060 and S8060-4 sockets have a polarization dot on the top of the package (see drawings below for more information). Colors vary by lot and may be white, off white, black, or tan.
|SR9A||A and E||S8060||3.3 V|
|SR9B||B and H||S8060|
|SR9C||C and H||S8060|
|SR9F||F and G||S8060-4|
|SR9HA||A and E||S8060||7.5 V|
|SR9HB||B and H||S8060|
|SR9HF||F and G||S8060-4|
|Diode Compatibility with Strain Relief Cables|
|Laser Diodes||Ø3.8 mm||x|
|TO Can Packages||TO-5||x|
- Designed for Use with Either Ø5.6 mm or Ø9 mm Laser Diodes
- Includes Laser Socket and 3 Feet (0.91 m) of Shielded Cable
- External 13/32"-40 Threads for Compatibility with Select Laser Diode Accessories:
- Includes Clamping and Reverse Protection Diodes to Suppress ESD
- Available with DB9 Connector for Mating Directly with LDC200C Series Laser Controllers
These strain relief and ESD protection products offer a convenient means of connecting a Ø5.6 mm or Ø9 mm laser diode to many of Thorlabs' laser diode controllers. Each model comes with a laser socket mounted to a small printed circuit board (PCB). The PCB contains a Schottky diode to clamp any reverse voltages that might appear across the laser diode, as well as a Zener diode to shunt any excessive voltages or ESD away from the diode.
Each model corresponds to one or more of the standard Pin Styles for laser diodes (see the diagram below) and is compatible with our Laser Diode Collimation and Focusing Tubes, Ø1/2" Post Mounts, and Cage Plate Mounts. SR9 models are designed for laser diodes with forward voltages up to 3.3 V, while SR9H models are designed for laser diodes with forward voltages up to 7.5 V. Each strain relief is available with or without a DB9 connector. Models with item #'s that end in -DB9 are pin compatible with many of our Laser Diode Controllers (see the strain relief cable and controller pin diagrams to determine compatibility).
Note: These cables are not designed to provide any temperature regulation. More information on temperature regulating a laser diode is provided in the Laser Diode Tutorial.
Supported Pin Codes