Temperature-Controlled and Heat-Sink Lens Tubes
- Temperature-Controlled Lens Tube for Temperature-Sensitive Optical Components
- Passive-Heat-Sink Lens Tubes with 0.25 °C/W Thermal Resistance
- Compatible with Our SM1 Lens Tubes
Lens Tube Connected to a
TC200 Temperature Controller
- Temperature-Controlled Lens Tube for Heating Ø1" Optical Components
- Lens Tubes with Passive Heat Sink for Cooling Ø1" Optics
- Directly Compatible with SM1-Threaded (1.035"-40) Lens Tubes
Thorlabs offers lens tubes featuring controlled heating and passive cooling. The SM1L10H Temperature-Controlled Lens Tube can heat Ø1" optics up to 75 °C, which is ideal for tuning the performance of temperature-sensitive components and preventing condensation from forming on a lens surface. This lens tube is also equipped with an embedded NTC 10 kΩ thermistor that provides temperature feedback and automatic temperature control with the compatible TC200 Temperature Controller (sold separately).
For cooling Ø1" optical components exposed to large amounts of heat, our HSLT2 Passive-Heat-Sink Lens Tube features a low 0.25 °C/W thermal resistance with an exposed surface area of 79 square inches (510 cm2) and is directly compatible with SM1 or SM2 Lens Tubes.
|No Comments Posted|
- SM1 Lens Tube Featuring Controlled Heating for Ø1" Optics
- Embedded NTC 10 kΩ Thermistor Provides Temperature Feedback
- Directly Compatible with Our SM1-Threaded (1.035"-40) Lens Tubes
The SM1L10H Temperature-Controlled Lens Tube is a small heating device that is compatible with our Ø1" Lens Tubes. It is an ideal choice for applying heat to mounted optics in order to control their performance as a function of temperature. It can also be used to prevent condensation from forming on optics.
Optics can be secured inside the heating chamber with the included SM1RR retaining ring. The SM1L10H contains an embedded NTC 10 kΩ thermistor that provides temperature feedback and allows automated control of the internal heating element. It is directly compatible with our TC200 Temperature Controller.
|Temperature Range||Room Ambient to 75 °C Max|
|External Dimensions||Ø1.85" x 1.43" Long
(Ø47 mm x 36 mm Long)
|Clear Aperture||Ø0.90" (Ø22 mm)|
|Temperature Sensor||NTC 10 kΩ Thermistor
(BETA = 3750)
|Heater Resistance||19.7 Ω ± 10%|
|Maximum Heating Capacity||30 Watts|
|Maximum Heater Current||700 mA (@ 10 W)|
|Compatible Lens Tube||SM1 (1.035"-40)|
|Recommended Heater Controller||TC200(-EC)|
Click for Details
QTH10 Tungsten-Halogen Lamp
- Lens Tubes Equipped with Heat Sink for Passive Cooling
- Offers 0.25 °C/W Thermal Resistance Over 2.10" (53.3 mm) Length
- Internal SM1 (1.035"-40) Threading Directly Compatible with Our Ø1" Lens Tubes
- External SM2 (2.035"-40) Threading for Compatibility with Our Ø2" Lens Tubes
The HSLT2 Passive-Heat-Sink Lens Tube provides the ability to cool down a lens tube setup that may be subject to an unusual amount of heat. By providing a total surface area of 79 square inches (510 cm2), it provides a thermal resistance of 0.25 °C/W. Ø1" optical components can be mounted into the HSLT2 lens tube using two SM1RR retaining rings (included). This lens tube features internal SM1 threading and external SM2 threading for compatibility with our SM1 and SM2 Lens Tubes, respectively. It can also be mounted to SM05, SM30, or SM3 setups using our Lens Tube Adapters.