Optical Tables Shelves, Free-Standing
- Stable, Free-Standing Shelf Unit
- Shelving Spans the Length of the Table
- Versions for 2.0 m, 2.5 m, or 3.0 m Long Optical Tables
- Complete Line of Accessories Available
Cable Racks Available Separately
Overhead Shelving Unit
(Optical Table and Supports Not Included)
- Stable, Free-Standing Design Does Not Interfere with Vibration Isolation
- High-Load-Capacity Shelving Spans Table Length
- Shelf Height is Adjustable from 1.098 m to 1.96 m (43.21" to 77.28")
- Through Holes in Frame Allow for Easy Cable Management
- Compatible with 24-Outlet Power Distribution Strips
Thorlabs' Free-Standing Instrumentation Shelves provide two levels of storage space or mounting surfaces for instruments, power supplies, and other accessories. As a free-standing unit, the operation of the table's vibration isolation system is not affected. Three shelving units are available for compatibility with 2.0 m (6.5'), 2.5 m (8.2'), or 3.0 m (10') long optical tables. The shelf units are also compatible with all of our table supports, including our optical table workstations. The PTA280 and PTA281 each come with two 598 mm (23.5") wide Melamine-faced MDF (medium density fiberboard) shelves (one per level) that can each support up to 135.0 kg (297 lbs). The PTA282 comes with two 598 mm (23.5") wide Melamine-faced MDF shelves per level; each level can support up to 122.0 kg (269 lbs).
The vertical steel support struts feature a range of mounting points to allow height adjustment, and through holes are included in each corner of the frame for easy cable management. The shelves can be replaced with solid aluminum breadboards when using the optional mounting brackets (detailed below). Furthermore, the underside of each shelf is fitted with threaded inserts to allow our power distribution strips, LED light strips, and cable racks to be attached. Lean bars and a post-mounting adapter also facilitate the attachment of post-mounted accessories, such as a monitor mount. These accessories are shipped with all necessary hardware and are described in detail below.
|Item #a||Shelf Length||Compatible Table Length||Shelf Width||Frame Height||Max Shelf Height||Max Load per Levelb|
|Breadboard Mounting Brackets|
- Protect the Work Area from Accidental Knocks
- Allows for Compatibility with Our Nexus Frame Accessories (See Table to the Right)
- Span the Width of the Optical Table
- Fit to the Free-Standing Shelf Unit Support Struts
- Supplied in Pairs to Fit One End of the Workstation
These Side Lean Bars span the entire width of the optical table on the right or left side. They are sold as a package of two to fit one end of the table. The bars bolt to the support struts of the overhead shelf described above and shield the vibration-isolated tabletop from accidental contact. Once fitted, they allow our selection of our post-mounted Nexus table frame accessories to be used (see table to the right).
- Compatible with Monitor Mounts, Instrument Shelves,
Breadboard Brackets, or Component Trays
- Strong, Steel Construction
- Attaches Directly to the Overhead Shelf Uprights via
Included M8 Bolts
The TFA4 Post Adapter allows you to attach post-mounted accessories to the free-standing overhead shelf's uprights. As shown in the photo to the right, the adapter is bolted to one of the uprights using two supplied M8 bolts. Once connected, the 75 mm (2.95") long Ø1.5" post can be used to attach various accessories, such as, such as our monitor mount, instrument shelves, breadboard brackets, or component trays.
|Voltage Rating||125 VAC||220 to 250 VAC||250 VAC|
|Current Rating||15 A||16 A||13 A|
|Frequency||50/60 Hz||50 Hz||60 Hz|
|Power Rating||1800 W||3680 W||3120 W|
|Full Surge Protection||3 kA for 1 µs||1.75 kA for 8/20 µs|
|EMI / RFI Filtering||Yes|
|Cord Length||9.83' (3.0 m)||3 m (9.8')|
|Cord Gauge||1.5 mm2 (16 AWG)|
|Number of Outlets||24|
(L x W x H)
|(68.27" x 2.46" x 1.77")
1734.0 x 62.5 x 45.0 mm
|1717 x 67.5 x 58.0 mm
(67.6" x 2.66" x 2.28")
These power strips are designed for indoor use only. These devices should not be installed in wet or damp areas exposed to moisture. They are not recommended for use with aquariums. We do not recommend plugging one HDPS24 into another HDPS24 or similar surge-protecting device.
- 24-Outlet, Surge-Protected Power Strips
- Three Outlet Types: US, EU, or UK
- Electrically Grounded Outlets
These 24-outlet, power strips are available with US-, EU-, or UK-style outlets. Each is designed for indoor use and is housed within an impact-resistant, sturdy metal case. They are fitted with clearance holes for standard 1/4"-20 or M6 cap screws for direct attachment to the underside or side edge of the shelving frame. The units are turned on and off with a rocker switch.
The HDPS24-UK 24-Outlet Power Strip is installed on the front of the overhead shelf of a free-standing shelf unit. It can also be installed to the underside of the shelf.
|Brightness||1530 Lumens||3600 Lumens|
|# of LEDs||51||120|
|Powera||15.3 W||36 W|
|Voltage||12 VDC (Power Supply Included)|
|Dimensions||850 mm x 17.4 mm x 8.2 mmb
(33.46" x 0.69" x 0.32")
|1828.5 mm x 17.4 mm x 8.2 mm
(71.99" x 0.69" x 0.32")
- 850 mm (33.46") or 1828.5 mm (71.99") Long
- ON/OFF Switch
- Sturdy Aluminum Base Resists Warping
- Frosted Plastic Cover Ensures Even Spread of Light
- Shipped with 3 Spring Clips, 3 M6 Screws, and a Power Supply
- The PSY240E Also Ships with 3 T-Nuts and a 4.3 m Extension Cord
These rigid LED light strips are available in two lengths: 850 mm (33.46") or 1828.5 mm (71.99"). They are held in place by three spring clips that are easily fitted to a rack or a shelf, such as our Free-Standing Overhead Shelf or our Nexus Table Frame Overhead Shelves. The strip lights can also be mounted over a bench for general laboratory use. The PSY240E comes with a 4.3 m extension cable, and three T-Nuts for use with our Laminar Flow Enclosures. The three M6 screws shipped with the PSY240E are 6 mm long, making it our only light strip compatible with the Laminar Flow Enclosures.
Click to Enlarge
TFC100 and TFC200 Shown Fitted to a Nexus Table Frame and Being Used to Redirect Cables from a Power Supply and Oscilloscope
- Attach Underneath or to the Front of the Overhead Shelf Frame (Shown in Photo to the Right)
- Ideal for Keeping Electrical Cables and Fiber Optic Patch Cables Out of the Way
- Maximum Load Capacity (Evenly Distributed)
- TFC100 and TFC125: 5 kg (11 lbs)
- TFC200 and TFC250: 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Four Lengths Available:
- TFC100: 1.0 m (3.29')
- TFC125: 1.25 m (4.1')
- TFC200: 2.0 m (6.56')
- TFC250: 2.5 m (8.2')
These cable trays are designed to be attached either underneath or to the edge of the overhead shelf frame, using the M6 bolts supplied. They are made from 3 mm (1/8") thick steel wire with a powder-coated plastic finish. Measuring 92.0 mm (3.62") high by 109.4 mm (4.31") deep, they are offered in four lengths: 1.0 m (3.29'), 1.25 m (4.1'), 2.0 m (6.56'), and 2.5 m (8.2'). The two shorter trays are supplied with two mounting brackets, while both the longer racks are shipped with three brackets.
Click to Enlarge
Solid Aluminum Breadboard fitted to the overhead shelf frame and viewed from the underside.
- Supports Solid Aluminum Breadboards 300 mm to 600 mm (12" to 24") Wide
- Fits Over The Overhead Shelf Support Frame (Shown in Photo to the Right)
- Strong, All-Steel Construction
These brackets allow any of our solid aluminum breadboards with a width from 300 mm to 600 mm (12" to 24") to be fixed to the frame of the overhead shelf mentioned above. Four brackets are supplied that attach to the underside of the breadboard using standard M6 or 1/4"-20 bolts (not supplied).