- Two Different Vises Offered
- Jaws Available in Nylon or Steel
Split-Ball Joint Allows for 90° Tilt and 360° Turn and Rotation
Flat Bottom and Sides Allow for Vertical or Horizontal Orientations
These vises offer various solutions for woodworking and metalworking designs. The Pana Vise's split-ball joint offers a large range of versatility and is designed to be bolted onto a working surface. The Toolmakers vise is made of ground tool steel, making it sturdy and reliable, and features a flat bottom and sides, allowing it to be set horizontally or vertically on any flat working surface. For specific details regarding each vise, please see below.
Click to Enlarge
- Reduce Weight of Packaging
- Increase Usage of Recyclable Materials
- Improve Packing Integrity
- Decrease Shipping Costs
Thorlabs' Smart Pack Initiative is aimed at minimizing waste while providing adequate protection for our products. By eliminating any unnecessary packaging, implementing design changes, and utilizing eco-friendly materials, this initiative seeks to reduce the environmental impact of our product packaging.
The updated TMV2 packaging primarily consists of recycled paper and cardboard and weighs 12.60% less than the original packaging. This weight change results in a 0.97 kg reduction in travel-based CO2 emissions per year, based on typical product sales.
As we move through our product line, we will indicate re-engineered, eco-friendly packaging with our Smart Pack logo, which can be seen above.
user  (posted 2016-07-27 15:11:52.137)
Could you please confirm the weight of the toolmaker vise? It is currently stated as "Weight (Mass): >5 lbs (11 kg)". Is it 5lbs, or 5kg?
jlow  (posted 2012-08-03 18:09:00.0)
Response from Jeremy at Thorlabs: I will get in contact with you directly regarding the replacement jaws.
cbrideau  (posted 2012-08-02 16:48:13.0)
Any chance of getting replacement fingers for the Pana Vise through you guys?
- Electrically Isolated, Non-Marring Nylon Jaws
- Vise Jaws Mounted on a Split-Ball Joint: 90° Tilt, 360° Turn, and 360° Rotation
- Nominal Dimensions of Jaws: 2.5" (63.5 mm) Wide x 0.5" (12.7 mm) Tall with 2.25" (57.2 mm) Jaw Capacity
- Height: 6.25" (158.8 mm)
- Weight (Mass): 2.7 lbs (1.22 kg)
The PV1 Pana Vise can be secured to a working surface in three places using the Ø1/4" (6.35 mm) countersunk mounting holes, which are located on a bolt circle that is 4.31" (109.5 mm) in diameter. The Pana Vise's nylon jaws help to reduce unintended marring, and are mounted on a post that slides into a split-ball joint. This arrangement enables the vise jaws to turn 360° on the post as well as rotate 360° and tilt 90° using the ball, allowing for a multitude of arrangements. All three degrees of freedom are locked down using a single locking knob, which makes the Pana Vise easy to orient so that the part being held can be worked on at the optimal angle.
- Machined from Cast and Ground Tool Steel
- V-Groove Machined into Jaws for Holding Round Stock
- Nominal Dimensions of Jaws: 2.5" (63.5 mm) Wide x 1.5" (38.1 mm) Deep with 2.5" (63.5 mm) Jaw Capacity
- Flat Base and Sides
- Minimum Length Including Vise Screw: 7.44" (189 mm)
- Weight (Mass): 6.1 lbs (2.77 kg)
The TMV2 Toolmakers Vise is ideal for use in a machine shop. This ground tool steel vise has a flat bottom and sides that allow it to lay flat on all three surfaces. This vise is an excellent choice for holding small parts that are being drilled and tapped for mounting holes.