Ø1.5" Post Construction Accessories
- Ideal for Securing Optomechanics to Our Ø1.5" Stainless Steel Posts
- Rigid Construction Provides Stability for Sensitive Alignment Assemblies
#8 (M4) Counterbore
1/4"-20 (M6) Tap
Rotating 8-32 (M4) Mounting Stud
Post Mounting Adapter
Compact Post Clamp
30 mm Cage System Adapter
Click to Enlarge
C1515 Mounting Bracket with C15QR Quick-Release Handle Placed Above a PSHA Adjustable Height Collar
|Ø1.5" Post Accessories|
|Brackets / Platforms|
Compact Post Clamp
The C1510(/M) Compact Post Clamp allows optic mounts with 8-32 (M4) tapped mounting holes to be attached to a Ø1.5" post. The angle of the optic mount can be adjusted easily using the knurled knob.
Slip-On Post Clamps
Our slip-on post clamps can be used for mounting 1/4"-20 (M6) components to our Ø1.5" posts. When the SD1 counterbore adapter ring is being used, 8-32 (M4) components can also be mounted.
Cage Clamp Mounts
Our CH1530(/M), CH1560(/M), and CV1530(/M) Cage Clamp Mounts allow 30 mm or 60 mm cage assemblies to be securely attached in a horizontal or vertical direction to our Ø1.5" posts using a quick-connect mechanism.
Post Mounting Adapters
Our post mounting adapters function as mounting platforms for Ø1.5" posts. They are offered with several configurations of 1/4"-20 (M6) and 8-32 (M4) tapped holes and counterbores.
A quick-release handle is also available that allows for a simple and reliable way of securing clamps to a post. The handle is compatible with any clamp that uses a 1/4"-20 (M6) locking screw. The 2.03" (51.4 mm) long handle contains a 1/4"-20 (M6) threaded stud that engages the part by simply rotating the handle. It is included on all of the items below except for the C1498(/M) Slip-on Clamp and the post mounting adapters.
Adjustable Height Collar
The PSHA(/M) Adjustable Height Collar allows for fine height adjustment of post-mounted components. It is compatible with our Ø1.5" posts and offers up to 0.32" of vertical adjustment.
- Attach Optic Mounts with 8-32 (M4) Taps to Ø1.5" P-Series Posts
- Knurled Knob for Coarse Angle Adjustment
- Four Holes on the Knob for Extra Leverage when Tightening (Click on the Image to the Right for Details)
- Includes Quick-Release Handle for Easy Mounting to Ø1.5" Posts
The C1510(/M) Compact Post Clamp allows optic mounts with 8-32 (M4) tapped holes to be attached to a Ø1.5" post. Each compact post clamp includes a C15QR(/M) Quick-Release Handle for mounting to a Ø1.5" post; replacement quick-release handles can be purchased separately below. For low-profile applications, the handle can be removed and replaced with a 1/4"-20 (M6) cap screw at least 1/2" (12 mm) long.
Clicking on the image to the right displays a sequence of three images illustrating the mounting procedure using an LMR1 lens mount. The angle of the optic mount can be set in place (see image 1) while the knurled knob is used to thread the device onto the C1510 (see image 2). For final tightening, a 5/64" (2 mm) hex key or ball driver can be inserted into the four holes provided on the knob (see image 3). This enables the user to exert additional torque in the final tightening stage.
- Mount 1/4"-20 (M6) or 8-32 (M4) Components onto our Ø1.5" P-Series Posts
- Lock to Post with Non-Marring Brass Locking Screw
- Two 8-32 (M4) Tapped Holes are Provided for Optic Mounts with #8 (M4) Counterbored Holes
- 1/4" Counterbore for Mounting Components with 1/4"-20 (M6) Threading
- Use the SD1 Adapter in the 1/4" Counterbore to Mount Components with 8-32 (M4) Threading
Click to Enlarge Ø1.5" Post Using a CH1530 Clamp
- Securely Mount 30 mm or 60 mm Cage Systems to our Ø1.5" Posts
- Quick-Connect Mechanism for Fast Drop-In/Drop-Out of Cage Assemblies using Ø6 mm Cage Rods
- Cage Clamping Mechanism Activated by 3/16" (5 mm) Hex Cap Screw
- Includes Quick-Release Handle for Easy Mounting to Ø1.5" Posts
The CH1530(/M) and CH1560(/M) Cage Clamps allow 30 mm or 60 mm cage systems, respectively, to be mounted horizontally to our Ø1.5" Posts. The quick-connect mechanism allows for drop-in/drop-out mounting of a cage segment; to secure the cage segment, tighten the hex cap screw on the cage clamping mechanism using a 9/64" (3 mm) hex key or balldriver. Each cage clamp includes a C15QR(/M) Quick-Release Handle for mounting to a Ø1.5" post; additional quick-release handles can be purchased separately below. For low-profile applications, the handle can be removed and replaced with a 1/4"-20 (M6) cap screw at least 1/2" (12 mm) long.
The application to the right shows the CH1530 supporting a cage system composed of 4 ER6 cage rods, an SM1ZA Z-Axis Translation Mount, and a CP33T cage plate. This system can be used as a telescope to expand or contract the beam diameter using lenses of appropriate focal length placed in the Z-axis mount and cage plate.
- Mount 30 mm Cage Systems to Our Ø1.5" Posts
- Can Be Oriented to Mount Cage Systems Vertically or Horizontally
- Quick-Connect Mechanism for Fast Drop-In/Drop-Out of Cage Assemblies
- 15 lb (6.8 kg) Load Capacity
The CV1530(/M) Cage Clamp allows a 30 mm cage system to be mounted vertically to our Ø1.5" Posts. The quick-connect mechanism allows for drop-in/drop-out mounting of a cage segment; to secure the cage segment, tighten the cap screw on the cage clamping mechanism using a 9/64" (3 mm) hex key or balldriver. Each cage clamp includes a C15QR(/M) Quick-Release Handle for mounting to a Ø1.5" post; additional quick-release handles can be purchased separately below. For low-profile applications, the handle can be removed and replaced with a 1/4"-20 (M6) cap screw at least 1/2" (12 mm) long.
The vertical cage clamp can be converted to a horizontal cage clamp. To do so, unscrew the four cap screws on either side of the cage clamps using a 9/64" (3 mm) balldriver or hex key, turn the front plate 90°, and replace the cap screws.
Custom CV1530(/M) Clamp Mounts can be ordered for 16 and 60 mm cage system compatibility. Please contact Tech Support for more information.
- Can be used as a Mounting Platform to Connect a Wide Range of our Optic Mounts and Translation Stages to our Ø1.5" P-Series Posts
- Offers Several Configurations of 1/4"-20 (M6) and 8-32 (M4) Tapped Holes and Counterbores
The application to the right shows a Ø1" POLARIS-K1 ultra-stable mirror mount attached to an MA4 Post Mounting Adapter using 8-32 (M4) threading. The 1/4" clearance on the MA4 adapter is used to connect to the 1/4"-20 threading of the Ø1.5" post.
Click for Details
Left: C15QR Quick-Release Handle Being Attached to the C1511 Post Mounting Clamp
Right: Pull Back to Rotate the Position of the Handle
- Quick-Release Handle for Fast and Repeated Positioning of Post Clamps
- Compatible with Ø1" (Ø25.0 mm) or Ø1.5" Post Clamps that Incorporate a 1/4"-20 (M6) Clamping Screw
- Provides More Control and Feel when Locking and Unlocking a Clamp
- Handle can be Rotated Without Actuating the Locking Screw
- 1/4"-20 (M6) Threads
The C15QR(/M) Quick-Release Handle provides a simple and reliable way of securing a flexure-based Ø1" (Ø25.0 mm) or Ø1.5" post clamp. In many cases a cap screw is used to lock a flexure-based clamp in place on a post, which requires a balldriver for adjustments. Depending on the mounted load, using a balldriver can be difficult, or even unsafe. This quick-release handle mitigates this problem by allowing the clamp to be hand-tightened, ensuring better control over the amount of torque applied to tighten or loosen the clamp. This also decreases the amount of time needed for basic setup and alignment by eliminating the need for additional balldrivers and allowing for a quick way to secure a clamp.
Easily installed by replacing the 1/4"-20 (M6) locking screw in a post clamp, the 2.03" (51.4 mm) long handle contains a 1/4"-20 (M6) threaded stud that engages a part by rotating the handle. Once the handle is tightened to secure a clamp to a post, the internal ratchet-type mechanism allows for the handle's rotational position to be adjusted without actuating the mounting stud. Simply pull the handle outwards to disengage it from the mounting stud, as shown in the image to the right, then rotate it to a more convenient position. This feature ensures that the handle will always be accessible to the user.
- 0.025" (0.64 mm) Travel per Revolution
- 0.32" (8.2 mm) Vertical Adjustment Range
The PSHA(/M) Adjustable Height Ø1.5" Post Collar offers a convenient height adjustment for post mounted hardware. An easy-to-access actuator ring allows fine height adjustment at 0.025" (0.64 mm) per revolution. This collar also allows components to be freely rotated without changing height.
To use, slip the collar over a Ø1.5" post and hold at the desired height. Tighten the 1/4"-20 (M6) cap screw to secure the collar's position on the post via the flexure clamp. Place an optomechanic around the post on top of the collar and twist the actuator ring to adjust the component's height. The height can be locked by tightening the 8-32 setscrew with a 5/64" (2 mm) hex. The nylon ring on top of the collar prevents marring while adjusting the height.