Need a Quote?
Please note that the Optical Reference Systems are available directly from Menlo Systems, Inc. within the United States and from Menlo Systems GmbH outside the United States.
|Outside United States
- Local Oscillator for an Optical Clock
- Ultra-High-Precision Spectroscopy
- Low-Noise Microwave Generation
- Ultrastable Frequency Transfer via Fiber Networks
- Frequency Metrology
- Tests of Fundamental Physics
- State-of-the-Art Linewidth (<1 Hz) and Stability (<2 x 10-15 Hz)
- Compact Footprint (600 mm x 600 mm)
- Fully Characterized by Menlo Systems Against Another Optical Reference System
- Available with CW Fiber Laser (ORS1500) or MOGLabs Cateye External Cavity Laser Diode (ORS-DL)
- Polarization-Maintaining, Fiber-Coupled Output
- Custom Systems Available on Request
- Optional Add-Ons:
- Stabilization of Output Power
- Doppler-Cancelled Fiber Link
- Active Residual Amplitude Modulation Reduction Scheme
Menlo Systems' Optical Reference Systems (ORS) deliver an optical output with ultra-narrow linewidths and outstanding short-term stability. The ORS1500 contains a CW fiber laser, while the ORS-DL contains a MOGLabs external cavity diode laser. In both cases, the laser is locked to a stable, high-finesse cavity made of ultra-low-expansion glass.
The ORS uses a high-vacuum chamber with temperature stabilization and vibrational and acoustic isolation to deliver state-of-the-art linewidth and stability. The compact design allows for integration into a 19" rack system for convenient use in the lab. Additionally, the system design includes a mechanical locking feature which allows the system to be transported without the need to re-adjust the beam coupling into the cavity.
|Wavelength||1542 nm or 1064 nma||657 nm, 689 nm, 698 nm, or 729 nma,b|
|Stabilized Output Power||>5 mW||>10 mW|
|Temperature of Minimal Thermal Expansion||>20 °C|
|Stability (Allan Deviation, at 1 s)||<2 x 10-15 (Linear Drift Removed)|
|Linear Drift Rate||Approx. 150 mHz/s|
|Input Requirements||110 - 230 VAC|
|Line Frequency||50 to 60 Hz|
|Optical Unit Dimensions / Weight||600 mm x 600 mm x 800 mm / 150 kg
(23.6" x 23.6" x 31.5" / 330 lbs)
|Control Electronics Dimensions / Weight||19" Rack Unit, 12U / 20 kg (44 lbs)|
|No Comments Posted|