Breadboard Mounting Accessories for 34 mm Rails
- Build 34 mm Rail Assemblies on Top of Breadboards
- Options for Horizontal or Vertical Rail Mounting
34 mm Rail Mounted Vertically
(Rail Sold Separately)
34 mm Rail Slides Along Clamp
Prior to Lockdown
- Mount 34 mm Optical Rails to Breadboards
- Dovetail Mounting Clamp Attaches Rails Horizontally
- Vertical Mounting Plate Accommodates 34 mm or 66 mm Rails
- Magnetic Vertical Mounting Base Holds Rails During Initial Setup
Thorlabs provides three options for customers who wish to build a 34 mm rail system on top of an optical table or breadboard. The XT34HP(/M) Dovetail Mounting Clamp mounts rails parallel to the breadboard surface, while the XT66P1 Vertical Mounting Plate secures a 34 mm or 66 mm rail in a standing position. The BA2R Magnetic Vertical Mounting Base orients rails vertically using rare earth magnets that enable easy repositioning.
Thorlabs offers a wide and growing complement of accessories for 34 mm rails, including clamps and angle brackets, breadboard mounts, rail carriers, mounting platforms, lens tube adapters, and rail joiners. Together with size adapters that incorporate 66 mm and 95 mm rails into an XT34 setup, these tools provide a complete family of rigid, versatile building blocks suited for virtually any optomechanical setup.
|No Comments Posted|
Click to Enlarge XT34HP Mounting a Post Assembly and Lens Mount
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
- Mount 34 mm Rails to Any Breadboard with 1/4"-20 or M6 Taps
- Two Counterbored Holes for 1/4"-20 (M6) Cap Screws
- Slide Along Rail Prior to Lockdown
- Ideal for Attaching Posts, Post Holders, or Pedestal Posts
to a 34 mm Rail
- 1/4"-20 (M6) Tapped Hole Provides Side Mounting
The XT34HP(/M) Dovetail Mounting Clamp allows 34 mm optical rail constructions to be mounted on top of a breadboard or other 1/4"-20 (M6) compatible optical assemblies. It contains two 1/4" (M6) counterbored holes and is post mountable by the single 1/4"-20 (M6) tapped hole on one side. When flipped, the the counterbored can be used to attach various optomechanics, such as posts, pedestal posts, or post holders, as shown in the image to the far right.
The spacing between the counterbores, which is either 1" (25.4 mm) or 25 mm, is specifically designed for direct compatibility with either imperial or metric breadboards.
- Mount 34 mm or 66 mm Rails Vertically on a Breadboard or Optical Table
- Four Counterbored Mounting Slots for 1/4"-20 or M6 Cap Screws
- Includes Four M3 Cap Screws
The XT66P1 Vertical Mounting Plate orients a standard 34 mm or 66 mm rail in the direction orthogonal to the breadboard plane, enabling three-dimensional rail constructions. It bolts to the rail end using the four included M3 cap screws.
The counterbored slots are mechanically compatible with both imperial and metric breadboards.
- Four Bottom-Located M3 Counterbored Holes for Vertically Mounting 34 mm Rails
- Holds Position of Rails During Initial Setup Process
- Relief Cuts in Base Provide Excellent Stability
This magnetic base has four bottom-located M3 counterbores for vertically mounting 34 mm rails on an optical table or breadboard. The two rare earth magnets on the underside of this anodized aluminum base provide the ability to temporarily secure 34 mm rails during the initial setup process. The force from these magnets is strong enough to help prevent accidental movement of the vertically-mounted rails, while still allowing for easy repositioning. Once all positioning adjustments are complete, the base can be secured to the optical table or breadboard using the two 1.25" (32 mm) slots.
This base also has three bottom-located 1/4" (M6) counterbored holes for mounting our Ø1/2" Post Holders.