Kinematic Mirror Mount with a Detachable Front Plate
- Detachable Kinematic Front Plate Accepts Ø1" Optics
- Rare Earth Magnets Provide Sufficient Coupling Force
- Repeatability Better than 15 µrad
#8 (M4) Counterbore Mounting Holes
Rare Earth Magnets
Additional Plates for KS1R
- Detachable Kinematic Front Plate
- Front Plate Magnetically Coupled to the Back Plate with Four Pairs of Rare Earth Magnets
- Repeatability Better than 15 μrad
- Mounts in Left-Handed or Right-Handed Orientation
- Fabricated from Black Anodized Aluminum
Combining the functionality of our popular kinematic base plates with our versatile kinematic mirror mounts, the KS1R offers a unique solution for multi-path beam steering. The detachable front plate is held off the back plate with three 0.85" (21.6 mm) long, 1/4"- 80 lockable fine-adjustment screws, allowing multiple plates to be individually adjusted with respect to a common base plate. The optic is held in place with a nylon-tipped set screw. All of the mount's hex sockets accept a 5/64" (2 mm) ball driver or hex key, simplifying setup. Additionally, the actuator screws may be adjusted using a HKTS-5/64 hex adjuster. Four pairs of rare earth magnets provide the coupling force between the front and rear plates.
Each KS1R consists of one base plate and one KS1RF kinematic front plate. Additional KS1RF front plates can be purchased separately. Individual front plates can each be set with a different optic and adjusted for specific positioning requirements. Each aligned and mounted optic can then be easily swapped in and out without realigning the system.