- T ≥ 94% for λ = 200 nm to 6 µm
- >50% Transmission at 120 nm
- MgF2 Substrate
This Thorlabs’ Magnesium Fluoride window offers excellent transmission from deep in the ultraviolet region to the mid-infrared. MgF2 widows are extremely durable and introduce minimal abrasions. Thorlabs MgF2 windows are cut with the optical axis parallel to the c-axis of the crystal to minimize birefringence.
MgF2 windows are well suited for deep-UV applications, even extending into the vacuum-UV region. They offer >50% transmission at 120 nm, making them suitable for use with excimer laser systems, as well as applications involving the Hydrogen Lyman-o line at 121 nm. Thorlabs’ MgF2 windows are also useable in the UVA, UVB, visible and IR ranges, with approximately 94% transmission from 200-1000 nm, and approximately 95% transmission from 1-6 µm.
- Thickness: 5 mm
- Thickness Tolerance: ±0.3 mm
- Axis Orientation: ±0.5°
- Diameter Tolerance: +0.0/-0.2 mm
- Surface Quality: 20-10 Scratch-Dig
- Parallelism: ≤5 arcmin
- Surface Flatness (@633 nm): λ/8 Over Clear Aperture
- Clear Aperture: >90% Diameter