- Integrated TEC Element for Temperature Controlled Operation of a Laser Diode
- Compatible with Many 3- and 4- Pin Laser Diodes in Ø9 mm (TO-18) or Ø5.6 mm (TO-46) Packages
- Compatible with Thorlabs' SM, MM, and PM Pigtailed TO Can Laser Diodes
- Compatible with Thorlabs' DPSS Laser Diodes when Used with a TCLDM9DJ Mounting Flange
- Integrated Bias-T Adapter Allows for RF Modulation of the Laser Current up to 500 MHz
- 30 mm Cage System Compatible
- SM1 Lens Tube Compatible
- Integrated TEC Lockout Circuit to Protect LD (Can Be Disabled)
- 8-32 and M4 Tapped Holes for Easy Post Mounting
The TCLDM9 mount by Thorlabs is ideal for temperature-controlled operation of all 3-pin and 4-pin laser diodes in Ø9 mm (TO-18) and Ø5.6 mm (TO-46) packages. The mount can control the laser diode and monitor photodiode independently making it compatible with a wide variety of laser diodes including all three-pin style A, B, and C configuration laser diodes as well as all four-pin style D laser diodes. The mount is also compatible with all style E and F two-pin laser diodes (style G configurations are also compatible; however modifications to the mount are required).
Laser diodes can be quickly and easily changed in the mount. It is as simple as inserting the laser diode into the socket according to the imprinted pin assignment and fastening the clamp ring with two screws. The diode socket is located very close to the front of the cold plate making the connection of short lead devices easier. The pass-through design of the socket lets you install long lead diodes (up to 3/4") without trimming.
The TCLDM9 can be easily integrated into any existing optical setup. The bottom surface of the TCLDM9 provides 8-32 and M4 mounting holes, and its front plate is equipped with tapped holes to mount our 30 mm Cage System and SM1 threading for use with our Lens Tube Assemblies. The laser diode socket is conveniently centered within the housing and is 1.75" (44.5 mm) above the tapped post mounting holes.
The TCLDM9 includes a Bias-T for RF modulation of the laser current up to 500 MHz. The mount can be adapted to the polarity of the laser diode and monitor diode by miniature switches located at the top of the mount. User protection features include an LED indicating an enabled laser located along the top of the mount and a remote interlock connector located on the side.
Laser protection features include optional grounding configurations, and the 'TEC Lockout' circuit* (also included in our 14-Pin Butterfly Laser Diode Mounts) that prevents enabling the laser unless the TEC controller is active. The built-in TE cooler enables temperature-controlled operation of the laser diode. The clamp ring protects the laser diode against air drafts, thus temperature stabilities of about 10 mK can be achieved.
*TEC Lockout only functions with Thorlabs laser and TEC controllers and can be easily bypassed if not required.
- Laser Diode Package: Ø5.6 mm & Ø9mm;
- A, B, C, D, E, H, and G (with some modification)
- Laser Current (Max): 2 A
- Polarity of Laser Diode: Selectable
- Polarity of Monitor Diode: Selectable
- RF Power (Max): 200 mW, RMS
- RF Input Impedance: 50 Ω
- Modulation Frequency (Bias-T): 0.2 to 500 MHz;
- TEC Current (Max): 5 A
- TEC Voltage (Max): 4 V
- TEC Heating/Cooling Capacity: 20 W
- TEC Interface: DB9, Male
- Temperature Sensor: AD592, 10 kΩ
- Temperature Range (@ 25 °C with 2 A TEC Current): 5 to 70 °C