- 1325 nm Superluminescent Diode, Bandwidth>100 nm
- Integrated Optical Isolator for Enhanced Output Stability
- FC/APC Terminated Fiber Pigtail Minimizes Optical Feedback
- Integrated TEC and Thermistor for Temperature Control
- Hermetically Sealed 14-Pin Butterfly Package
Thorlabs SLD1325 is a superluminescent diode (SLD) with a bandwidth greater than 100 nm and a fiber coupled power greater than 10 mW. The SLD1325 is an ideal choice in Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (SD-OCT) imaging because the emission spectrum is broad and the emitted light has a short coherence length.
When the limits on current, temperature, and output power are adhered to, the lifetime of the SLD1325 will exceed 5000 hours. We strongly recommend adherence to the operating conditions marked on each package. While optimal performance is achieved by utilizing the recommended settings, we recognize users can adjust the spectral characteristics of the SLD by deviating from these recommended settings. For instance, operating at lower temperatures will cause a shift of the central wavelength to shorter wavelengths. It is imperative, however, that as the temperature is reduced, the injection current is also reduced so as not to exceed the recommended output power as noted on the package.
The SLD should be operated in a constant current constant temperature mode, which is relatively simple with the proper SLD mount and drivers. When purchased alone, the SLD1325 comes with a standard 1 year warranty. If purchased with the LM14S2 Butterfly Mount and ITC4001 Combination Laser Diode and TEC Controller, Thorlabs provides a 2 year warranty for the SLD1325.
- Center Wavelength: 1325 nm
- Bandwidth (FWHM): >100 nm
- Fiber-Coupled Power: >10 mW
- Maximum SLD Injection Current: 780 mA
- Maximum Voltage: 4 V
- Operating Temperature Range: 0-40 °C
- Isolation of Integrated Isolator: >30 dB
- Fiber Pigtail: SMF-28e+
- Fiber Connector: FC/APC
- Return Loss of FC/APC Connector: >50 dB
- Max Thermoelectric Cooler Current (Voltage): 4 A (4 V)
- Thermistor Resistance: 10 kΩ