- Designed for Broad Tuning
- Butterfly Assembly with Thermoelectric Cooler
- Angled Waveguides and AR Coating Virtually Eliminate Unwanted Reflections
- Collimating Lens and Optical Isolator Increase Laser Stability, Output Power, and Spectral Quality
- 1.5 m SM Tight Jacket Pigtail with FC/APC Connector
Thorlabs’ SAF1176P-30 is a single-angled-facet (SAF) gain chip mounted in a fiber-coupled subassembly with center a wavelength of 1550 nm. Easily integrable into external cavity lasers (ECLs), the SAF1176P-30 features an AR coating, an angled waveguide, and a proven SOA structure, which gives the highest power and widest tuning range available in the market.
To simplify integration of the gain chip into an external cavity design, Thorlabs offers the SAF1176P-30 in an open butterfly package assembly, which couples the output of the normal facet to a fiber pigtail. The butterfly assembly includes the gain chip mounted on a thermoelectric cooler such that the gain chip’s normal facet is pre-aligned with a collimating lens. By using the assembly, the designer gains the advantage of a fiber-coupled ECL cavity. An optical isolator prevents any unwanted reflections from an external system from disrupting the ECL in operation.
- ASE Center Wavelength: 1550 nm
- ASE 3 dB Bandwidth: 60 nm
- Peak Gain: 17 dB
- Gain Ripple: 0.6 dB
- Peak Power: 10 mW