- Single Mode Fiber, FC/PC Interface
- Low Noise, Highly Stable Output
- 780 nm Center Wavelength
- Custom Wavelengths Available
The S1FC780 Fiber-Coupled Laser Source conveniently packages a 780 nm pigtailed FP laser diode and current controller into a single benchtop unit. The Fabry-Perot laser diode inside each unit is pigtailed to a single mode fiber that is terminated at an FC/PC bulkhead (wide 2.1 mm key compatible) attached to the front panel of the unit. Hence the output state of polarization will be randomly polarized. Laser sources that incorporate polarization-maintaining fiber are also available for many of the same output wavelengths.
Also found on the front panel is a display that shows the output power in mW, an on / off key, an enable button, and a knob to adjust the laser power. The back panel includes an input that allows the laser diode drive current to be controlled via an external voltage source and a remote interlock input. This fiber-pigtailed laser utilizes an angled fiber ferrule at the internal laser/fiber launch point to minimize reflections back into the laser diode, thereby increasing the stability of the laser diode's output.
- Wavelength: 780 nm
- Min. Output Power: 2.5 mW
- Stability: 15 min: ±0.05 dB, 24 hr: ±0.1 dB (After 1 hr Warm-up at 25 ± 10 °C Ambient)
- Display Accuracy: ±10%
- Setpoint Resolution: 0.01 mW
- Adjustment Range: ~0 mW to Full Power
- Modulation Input: 0 - 5 V = 0 - Full Power, DC or Sine Wave Input Only
- Modulation Bandwidth: 5 kHz Full Depth of Modulation, 30 kHz Small Signal Modulation
- Fiber: SM800-5.6-125