- Thickness: 12.2" (310 mm)
- Athermalized Design for Excellent Thermal Stability
- Minimal Deflection Under Load
- Double Plate with High Density Honeycomb Core
- Excellent Surface Flatness of ±0.1 mm (±0.004") over any 1 m2
- Proprietary Broadband Damping
Thorlabs' PTM52504 (2000 x 1000 x 310) StandardPlus Series Optical Table is designed to provide a superior mounting surface for general purpose photonics applications that are not extremely sensitive to vibrations. This optical table is often used in spectroscopy, multimode fiber, micropositioning, and non-interferometeric applications. This table is shpped from the UK within 2 weeks.
Thorlabs' optical tables have design features that enhance their usability and longevity. The top and bottom plates of this optical table are made from sheets of 5 mm thick stainless steel for superior stiffness and structural integrity. Thorlabs' constructs its optical tables with matched plates so the thermal expansion of the top and bottom plates is identical. This prevents the table from bowing or developing internal stresses due to changes in temperature. An advanced handling and pressurized thermal bonding process ensures that the top surface remains flat and stress free. In other words, the top surface of the table starts out flat and stays flat throughout the entire construction process. The top of the optical table has a brushed surface to minimize specular reflections.
A pressurized thermal bonding process ensures the structural integrity of the composite table and eliminates the possibility of delamination. The honeycomb core is constructed from work-hardened, plated steel. Work-hardening increase the rigidity of the honeycomb while the plating increases the steel's resistance to corrosion.
A vinyl film is used to seal the bottom of each mounting hole prior to thermally bonding the table together. This ensures that each hole is completely free from any adhesive material. When using a hole for the first time the vinyl film is easily punctured to allow the screw to be threaded deep into the table. Prior to bonding the components of the table, each mounting hole in the top surface is tapped and slightly countersunk to ensure that components mounted to the table sit flat. The mounting holes are then cleaned and sealed on the bottom with a vinyl film. As a result, cap screws can be finger tightened into the mounting holes of the finished optical tables.
- Dimensions: 2000 x 1000 x 310
- Weight/Mass: 652.57 lbs/296 kg
- Maximum Dynamic Deflection Coefficient: <1.3 x 10-3
- Maximum Relative Tabletop Motion: <0.27 nm (10.5 x 10-9 in.)
- Deflection Under Load (Stiffness): <1.6 µm (6.5 x 10-5 in.) for a 113 kg (250 lb) Load
- Table thickness: 310 mm (12.2")
- Flatness: ±0.1 mm (±0.004") Over Any 1 m2
- Construction: Double Plate, Single Honeycomb Core
- Top and Bottom Plates: Matched Materials for Athermalized Design
- Top and Bottom Plate Material: Magnetic Stainless Steel, 5 mm (3/16") Thick
- Maximum Screw Depth: 16 mm (5/8") from Table Surface
- Core Construction: High-Density Plated Steel Honeycomb
- Damping: Proprietary Broadband Damping
- Side Construction: Black Laminated-Steel, Slightly Inset From Table Surface
- Top Surface Finish: Brushed Steel