- Passive Vertical Vibration Isolation
- Oil-Free Design
- High-Load Capacity with Excellent Stability
- Compatible with All Thorlabs' Optical Tables
- Closed Pneumatic Isolation System
Thorlabs' 700 mm tall, passive vibration, heavy-duty, isolation optical table supports have a closed pneumatic isolation system that effectively isolates the optical table from floor vibrations throughout the 10 to 50 Hz frequency range. Most sources of vibrations in a lab are within this frequency range, thus these supports are suitable for use in many labs. These isolators provide simple and effective passive vibration isolation with excellent vertical and horizontal stability. The closed pneumatic isolation system can be inflated with a foot pump or some other source of compressed air and does not require a constant source of compressed air to maintain isolation. If the pneumatic isolation system is depressurized the optical table will remain securely supported on the frame of the optical table supports. Alternatively, if the air chamber is overinflated, vertical stops will prevent the optical table from rising above the maximum designed range. If the table is at either end of the range of motion, the optical table supports will no longer isolate the optical table from floor vibrations.
Thorlabs' heavy-duty passive vibration isolation optical table supports can be used with all of our optical tables. When the passive optical table supports are paired with a PerformancePlus or Performance series optical table and setup in a quiet environment, general imaging and micropositioning-based experiments can be performed. In addition, the passive optical table supports can be used to reduce the vibrations transmitted to an optical table setup in a typical laboratory environment.
- Vertical Resonant Frequency: 4.5 Hz
- Vertical Transmissibility at Resonance: 22 dB
- Isolation Efficiency at 10Hz: -11.5 dB (74%)
- Load Capacity (set of four): 1200 - 4850 lb (550 - 2200 kg)
- Height: 27.5" (700 mm)
- Air Pressure (Recommended): 65 to 75 psi (448 to 517 kPa)
- Air Pressure (Maximum): 80 psi (550 kPa)
- Finish: Black Paint