- Fabricated from N-BK7
- Ø10 mm, L = 9 mm in SM05-Threaded Lens Tube
- 1050-1620 nm (-C Coating)
This Thorlabs' retroreflector is a trihedral prism manufactured from a solid piece of N-BK7 glass. Commonly referred to as a corner cube, this AR coated (1050 - 1620 nm) prism is mounted in engraved SM05-threaded lens tube.
The mounted retroreflector prisms are directly compatible with Thorlabs' entire line of lens tube and cage system products, making it seamless to incorporate the optic into an optical setup. In addition, the housing helps to keep the optic free from finger prints and reduces the risk of damage to the prism's surfaces. Finally, the part is easily identified by the engraved part number and small schematic of its function.
Via three total internal reflections (TIR), an image or beam is reflected back towards its original direction. The beam or image will be reflected through 180° even if the angle of incidence is not zero. The insensitivity of the alignment of the prism makes it an ideal retroreflecting optic.
- Material: N-BK7 Grade A Fine Anneal
- Outer Diameter Tolerance of Prism: +0.00/-0.10mm
- Clear Aperture: 705 of Area
- Surface Flatness: ?/10 @ 633 nm
- Surface Quality: 40-20 Scratch-Dig
- Beam Deliviation (Between Incident and Reflected Beams): =3 arcmin
- Design Wavelength: 633nm