- Bandwidth: DC to 25 Hz
- Transimpedance Gain: 10sup style="font-size:6pt;">11 V/A
- Ultra-High Sensitivity and Ultra Low Noise
- External SM1 and Internal SM05 Threads for Accessory/Optics Mounting
- Easy Fiber Coupling
- Power Supply and Zero Input Cap Included
The PDF10C Femtowatt Photoreceiver combines selected ultra-low noise InGaAs photodiodes with a specially designed transimpedance amplifier offering extremely high gain of up to 10sup style="font-size:6pt;">11 V/A. This results in a unique photoreceiver with femtowatt sensitivity due to an exceptional low minimum NEP of 7.5 fW/Hzsup style="font-size:6pt;">1/2. When combined with a lock-in amplifier, it is possible to detect optical power down to sub fW levels.
Many applications that usually require photomultiplier tubes (PMTs), avalanche photodiodes (APDs), or liquid nitrogen cooled Ge photodiodes can utilize the PDF10C photoreceiver instead. This avoids expensive high voltage power supplies or active cooling. Like APD based single photon counting detectors, it offers a high quantum efficiency in visible and near infrared wavelengths with a similar signal-to-noise ratio when the signal can be integrated for a few tens of milliseconds or more.
The new slim-line housing includes a removable Ø1" threaded cap that covers the detector for zero input. Its external SM1 and internal SM05 threads make it compatible with Thorlabs' SM1 and SM05 threaded accessories. The PDF10C allows convenient mounting of external optics, light filters, and apertures, as well as providing an easy mounting mechanism using the Thorlabs cage assembly accessories. Fiber coupling is easy via optional SM series fiber adapters.
The PDF10C housing can be mounted vertically or horizontally on a TR Series Post using the 8-32 tapped holes for imperial version. The electrically isolating post adapter can avoid problems due to unwanted ground connections. The PDF10C includes a 100 - 120 VAC power supply.
Please Note: Due to limitations in the IC, the high speed amplifier used in these devices may become unstable, exhibiting oscillations or negative output, if the power supply voltage is applied when the module is on. The unit should always be powered up using the power switch on the power supply or the unit itself. Hot plugging the unit is not recommended.
- Detector Material/Type: InGaAs/PIN
- Detector Wavelength Range: 800 - 1700 nm
- Typical Max Responsivity: 1.0 A/W at 1550 nm
- Detector Active Area: Ø0.5 mm
- Transimpedance Gain: 1.0 x 1011 V/W ± 10%
- Max Conversion Gain: 1.0 x 1011 V/W ± 10%
- OUTPUT Bandwidth (3 dB): DC – 25 Hz
- Rise/Fall Time (10% - 90%): 19 ms
- CW Saturation Power: 100 pW
- Photodiode Damage Threshold: 10 mW
- Minimum NEP (DC – 20 Hz): 7.5 fW/(Hz1/2)
- Electrical Output, Impedance: BNC, 200 Ohms
- Maximum Output Voltage: 10 V
- DC-Offset Electrical Output: < ±150 mV
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 2.6" x 1.7" x 1.1"
- Power Supply: ±12 V, 20 mA Typical