- Solid State, MEMS Switch for 800 – 1000 nm
- Easy Manual and Remote Operation with Fast Switching Time
- USB 2.0 Remote Control
- 2×2 Optical Switch
- Includes Power Supply
Thorlabs OWS22-830E bidirectional fiber optic switch kit includes a MEMS optical switch with an integrated control circuit that offers a USB 2.0 interface for easy integration into your optical system. The OWS22-830E is a 2x2 MEMS module with an operating wavelength range of 800 – 1000 nm. This bidirectional switch has low insertion loss and excellent repeatability.
The switching mechanism is based on silicon MEMS technology, which ensures high reliability, provides exceptionally low crosstalk between channels, and is inherently very fast (switching time <1ms). The OWS22-830E switch, which is designed for the distribution and routing of signals, are controlled via an on-board pushbutton switch, a TTL toggle input signal, or digitally via the USB 2.0 port. A seven segment LED displays the active channel.
This optical switch kit can be powered via the USB port (4.75 V - 5.25 VDC 300 mA Max) or the onboard DC power connector (6V - 15 VDC 300 mA Max). The Thorlabs PMPS9 power supply is included. By default, the switch is shipped without fiber connectors. Termination of the fibers is available upon request; please contact your local Thorlabs office for pricing.
- Operating Wavelength: 800 – 1000 nm
- Insertion Loss (Typ/Max): 0.7 dB/1.5 dB
- Cross Talk (Typ/Max): 75 dB/60 dB
- Polarization Dependent Loss (Typ/Max): 0.02 dB/0.05 dB
- Backreflection (Typ/Max): 55 dB/ 50 dB
- Switching Speed (Typ/Max): 0.5/1 ms
- Maximum Output Power: 85 mW
- SM Fiber Type: Fibercore SM800
- Mode-Field Diameter: 5.6 µm