- High Reliability MEMS Technology
- Easy Mounting on Printed Circuit Boards
- 1×2 Single Mode Switch Operating at 488 nm
- Low Insertion Loss
The OWS12-488-SM MEMS single mode switch is designed to be easily integrated into optical systems. The highly reliable MEMS technology is characterized by a long lifetime, high reliability, and high durability (max 3 x 109 cycles), making these suitable for use as OEM components. The switch is packaged to allow easy mounting onto PCB boards.
Our OWS12-488-SM switch is operates at a wavelength of 488 nm and features low insertion losses of <4 dB. This switch is non-latching and is offered as either a component or as an integrated system on an evaluation board. This switch includes a drive circuit requiring 5 V DC, which could be provided by the Thorlabs power supply LDS5.
- Operating Wavelength: 480 – 650 nm
- Insertion Loss (Max): 4 dB@488 nm
- Cross Talk (Typ/Max): 75 dB/60 dB
- Polarization Dependent Loss (Typ/Max): 0.02 dB/0.05 dB
- Backreflection (Typ/Max): 55 dB/ 50 dB
- Switching Speed (Typ/Max): 0.5/1 ms
- Maximum Output Power: 30 mW
- SM Fiber Type: Fibercore SM450
- Mode-Field Diameter: 3.3 µm