- BP109 Series Beam Profiler
- Motorized 150 mm Translation Stage
- Flipmounted Focusing Lens
- Iris as Alignment Aid
- 2 Mounted Mirrors for Beam Adjustments
- Mounting Breadboard
The M2SET-VIS/M System is a complete, ready-to-use M2 Analysis system to meet the requirements of most general applications. The system comes assembled and pre-aligned; this eases adoption to your laser beams and minimizes adjustment efforts. This system allows the measurement of the times-diffraction-limit M2 factor of a laser beam and its reciprocal beam quality, K=1/M2 together with the divergence, waist diameter, Rayleigh range, and astigmatism of the beam.
During operation, the profiler is automatically moved, step-wise, along the beam path and analyses the beam at various positions. The beam quality is determined via curve fitting of the beam diameter verse profiler position. To perform the tests, the laser beam under test has to be aligned with the translation path of the stage and focused within a certain divergence angle. The pre-mounted and aligned system makes this process much simpler for the user.
When the measurement of a focused beam is completed, the focusing lens can be flipped outside the beam to measure the parameters of the original unfocused laser beam. Both results can be combined and the complete parameter set for the unfocused beam including beam waist diameter and position and Rayleigh range are derived.
The supplied software has an easy to operate Graphical User Interface (GUI) which fully supports automated M2 measurements as well as basic beam profiling measurements. Reports can be stored to a file or transmitted to another application via DataSocket.
- Component Type: Metric
- Breadboard Footprint: 600 mm x 150 mm
- Beam Profiler: BP109-VIS
- Wavelength Range: 400 – 1100 nm
- Beam Diameter Range: 20 µm - 9 mm (at Beam Profiler Input Aperture)
- Power Range: 10 nW to 10 W, Depending on Beam Diameter
- Translation Range: 150 mm - 100 mm to +50 mm from focal point
- Lens Focal Length: 200 mm
- Optical Axis Height: 50 - 120 mm, Further Extendable
- M2 Measurement Range: 1.0 - No Upper Limit
- Typical M2 and k Accuracy: ±5 %, Depending on Optics and Alignment
- Maximum Input Diameter: 14 mm Depending on Wavelength
- Accepted Beam Diameter for 5% Accuracy: 20 µm - 4.5 mm (at Beam Profiler Input Aperture)
- Minimum Detectable Divergence Angle: <0.1 mrad
- Applicable Light Sources: CW and Pulsed Sources =300 kHz
- Typical Measurement Time: 20 - 40 sec Depending on Beam Shape and Settings