- Diameter: Ø25.4 mm
- Wavelength Range: 185 nm - 2.1 µm (uncoated)
- Focal Length: 75 mm
- Fabricated: UV Grade Fused Silica
- Spherical Surface Power: 3 Fringes
- Spherical Surface Irregularity: λ/4
Thorlabs' UV Grade Fused Silica Bi-Convex Lens is available either uncoated or with a UV antireflection coating for the 290 - 370 nm range deposited on both surfaces. UV-grade fused silica offers high transmission in the deep UV and exhibits virtually no laser-induced fluorescence (as measured at 193 nm), making it an ideal choice for applications from the UV to the near IR. In addition, UV fused silica has better homogeneity and a lower coefficient of thermal expansion than N-BK7.
Bi-convex lenses are popular for many finite imaging applications. Both surfaces are spherical and have the same radius of curvature, minimizing aberrations in situations where the object and image distances are equal or nearly equal. As a guideline, bi-convex lenses are the best choice for minimizing aberrations if the conjugate ratio (object distance : image distance) is between 5:1 and 1:5. Outside this range, plano-convex lens is usually preferred.
- Lens Shape: Convex/Convex
- Diameter Tolerance: +0.00 mm / -0.10 mm
- Substrate Material: UV Grade Fused Silica
- Focal Length Tolerance: ±1%
- Scratch/ Dig: 40-20
- Clear Aperture : >90% of Dia.
- Design Wavelength: 588 nm (n=1.460)
- Index of Refraction(@ Design λ): 1.460
- Centration: ≤3 arcmin
- Diameter: 25.4 mm
- f: 75 mm
- R: 68.3 mm
- tc: 4.4 mm
- te: 2 mm
- fb: 73.5 mm
- Suggested Fixed LensMount: LMR1