- Minimal Variation in Polarization Dependent
- Coupling Ratio (PDCR)
- Integrated Balanced Signal Detection
- with Active Aliasing
- Input for Aiming Beam (660 nm) to Aid in Alignment
- Interferometer Power Supply Included
The Michelson-type INT-MSI-1300B interferometer subassembly is designed to be used inside an OCT system with a balanced detection scheme for a wavelength range of 1250 to 1350 nm. For usage with faster sweeping lasers, the bandwith of the integrated detectors has been increased up to 100 MHz. The module contains a fiber coupler network for a Michelson interferometer with outputs for the reference arm and the sample arm.
Internally used couplers are optimized for flat wavelength response and very low polarization dependent coupling losses. The fiber length is matched on both arms of the interferometer to within 0.2 mm while the housing includes FC/APC angled fiber adapters for robustness and ease of use. To suppress the generation of aliasing frequencies in the digitized fringe signals, which degrade the image quality, the integrated, high-gain balanced detector (Bandwidth 100 MHz) includes an active aliasing filter.
To support aligning the INT-MSI-1300B into optical systems, an additional input for a 660 nm aiming laser and a specially designed WDM-coupler that combines the swept laser source (1300 nm) and the alignment laser (660 nm) are included in the subassembly.
- Interferometer Wavelength Range: 1250 - 1350 nm
- Fiber Type: SMF-28e+
- Input/Output Port: FC/APC
- Insertion Loss from 1300 nm IN to Sample Arm and to Reference Arm: <4.2 dB Typ, 5 dB Max
- Path Length Difference: <0.1 mm Typ, 0.2 mm Max
- Detector Material/Type: InGaAs/PIN
- Typical Responsivity Max: 1.0 A/W
- Output Bandwidth (3 dB): DC – 100 MHz
- Transimpedance Gain: 100 kV/A
- Saturation Power: 250 mW
- Maximum Input Power: 250 mW
- Electrical Output: SMA
- DC Offset: <±5 mV
- Power Supply: ±12 V, 200 mA (PICO M8 con.)
- Size: 4.72" x 3.15" x 0.827" (120 mm x 80 mm x 21 mm)