- Fast Rise and Fall
- 3-Pin TO-5 Can
The Thorlabs FGA10 photodiode is ideal for measuring both pulsed and CW fiber light sources, by converting the optical power to an electrical current. The detector is a TO-5 package with an anode, cathode, and case connection. The photodiode anode produces current as a function of the incident light power and the wavelength.
Inhomogeneity on the edge of an active area of the detector can generate unwanted capacitance and resistance that distorts the time-domain response of a photodiode. Thorlabs therefore recommends that the incident light on the photodiode is well centered on the active area. This can be accomplished by placing a focusing lens or pinhole in front of the detector element.
- Wavelength Range: 800 - 1800 nm
- Active Area: 0.79 mm2
- Diode Package Type: TO-5
- Rise / Fall Timea: 7 ns / 7 ns @ 5 V
- NEP (W/Hz1/2): 2.5 x 10-14
- Dark Current: 25 nA (Typ.) @ 5 V
- Junction Capacitancea: 80 pF @ 0 V
- Sensor Material: Indium Gallium Arsenide
a. Typical Values. RL = 50 Ω