- Collination/Coupling Package with Aspheric Lens Element
- Diffraction Limited Performance at 1310 nm
- Broadband AR Coating: 1050 - 1600 nm
- Compatible with FC/APC Fiber Connectors
- Ideal for Use with LSM Scan (Objective) Lenses
Thorlabs’ F280APC-C fiber collimation package is pre-aligned at the factory to collimate a laser beam propagating from the tip of an FC/APC conectorized fiber with diffraction-limited performance at the design wavelength of 1310 nm. The FC/APC conectorized collimation packages are ideal for systems that are sensitive to back reflections since APC-Style connectors utilize a ferrule that has an 8° end face, and in conjunction with an ultra PC polish, provides a return loss greater then 60 dB. The factory alignment positions the aspheric lens so that the distance between it and the fiber tip inserted into the collimator is equal to the focal length of the aspheric lens at the design wavelength. Since the F200 Series of fiber collimators do not have any movable parts, they are compact and not susceptible to misalignment. Although this type of collimator is generally used in applications using a monochromatic 1310 nm light source, additional design and testing was performed to ensure the suitability of the collimator for use in OCT applications.
The aspheric lens has an AR coating that minimizes the reflections at the surfaces of the aspheric lens.
- 1/e2 Beam Diameter: 3.27 mm
- Theoretical Full Angle Beam Divergence: 0.029°
- NA of Aspheric Lens Element: 0.15
- Distance of Beam Waist from the Front of the Collimation Package: 18.0 mm
- AR Coating Range: 1050 – 1600 nm
- Design Wavelength: 1310 nm
- Fiber Used for Alignment: SMF-28e
- Mode Field Diameter of Fiber at Design Wavelength: 9.2 ± 0.4 µm