- Advanced Coating Layer Composition Corrects for Dispersive Elements in the Beam Path
- Reflectivity: >99% form 700 - 1000 nm
- Dispersion per Reflection: -175 fs2 at 800 nm
- Coated Surface Dimensions: 12mm x 53 mm
- Thickness: 12 mm
- Easily Mount in Our Kinematic Grating Mount Adapter
- Ion-Beam Sputtering (IBS) Thin-Film Coating
- Set Contains 2 Identical Mirrors
- Material: Fused Silica
Thorlabs has teamed up with its strategic partner, IdestaQE, to provide a set of Dispersion-Compensating Mirrors that correct for the phase distortions that occur when ultrashort pulses travel through an optical system (e.g., a laser scanning microscope setup).
Since femtosecond pulses are comprised from many different wavelengths, pulse broadening, as a result of dispersion, will occur when the laser light passes through a dielectric medium (e.g., glass in the optical system). This pulse broadening is attributed to the nonlinear wavelength dependence of the refractive index of the optical components through which the light travels. Shorter wavelengths are associated with higher indices of refraction than longer wavelengths causing them to travel slower than longer wavelengths.
The pulse dispersion caused by the wavelength-dependent nature of the refractive index can be corrected using IdestaQE's dispersion-compensating mirror set. These mirrors are specifically designed so that longer wavelengths experience larger group velocity delay than shorter wavelengths, thereby negating the pulse broadening caused by the optical elements within the imaging system.
The highly reflective coating for the 700 - 1000 nm range is deposited on the surface using ion-beam sputtering (IBS) technology. During the automated IBS process, the materials are directly sputtered onto the substrate with a high degree of accuracy. This is a highly repeatable and controllable technique, resulting in dense, durable, high-damage-threshold thin films.
- Operating Wavelength Range: 700-1000 nm
- Reflectivity (Over Operating Wavelength Range): >99%
- Dispersion per Reflection (@800 nm): -175 fs2
- Surface Flatness (@633 nm): ?/10
- Damage Threshold: 0.1 J/cm2, 100 fs pluses @ 800 nm
- Dimensions(LxWxD): 53 mm x 12 mm x 12 mm