- eliminate Ghosting
- No Chromatic Aberration with Focused Beams
- Minimal Change in Optical Path Length
- SM1-threaded Entrance and Exit Ports
- 30 mm Cage System Compatibility
This Ø1" mounted pellicle beamsplitter is ideal for use in applications where chromatic dispersion must be minimized (i.e. cases where focused beams are necessary). This beamsplitter virtually eliminates ghosting since the second surface reflection is superimposed on the first one. However, it is extremely fragile due to the nitrocellulose membrane being microns thick, which exhibits less than 1/2 wave of variation at 635 nm across its 25 mm diameter. To provide maximum protection from damage, This beamsplitter is housed inside a 30 mm cage-system-compatible cube. The cube is post-mountable and has SM1-threaded access ports, making it compatible with our entire line of Ø1” lens tubes and accessories. The cube is M6 x 0.5 threaded, but includes 8-32 and M4 mounting adapters.
Please Note: Pellicle beamsplitters exhibit sinusoidal oscillations in the splitting ratio as a function of wavelength, due to thin film interference effects.
The engraving on the top of the mount indicates the direction of incidence light. This direction is consistent with the light being incident upon the coated surface of the beamsplitter first.
Our pellicle beamsplitters are manufactured from an extremely thin and fragile membrane. Please do not touch the membrane under any circumstances. Compressed or canned air should also not be used on these beamsplitters, as the force of the air is large enough to damage the membrane. General Specifications
- Ports: 4, all SM1 threaded (1.035”-40)
- Membrane material: Nitrocellulose
- Housing Material: Engraved Black Anodized Aluminum
- Membrane Thickness: 2 µm, 5 µm for 300-400 nm Version
- Temperature Range: -40 to 70° C
- Index of Refraction: 1.5 at 550 nm
- Surface Quality: 40-20 Scratch-Dig
- Transmitted Wavefront Error: 0.5λ (Typical)
- Reflected Wavefront Error: 1λ (Typical)