- Scatters and Absorbs Laser Beam Energy
- 30 mm Cage System and SM05 Lens Tube Compatible
- 8-32 Mounting Hole
- 3" Ø1/2" Post Included
Beam traps are common laser lab safety devices that are designed to absorb a laser beam's energy. This beam trap can be used with CW laser beams. Simply align so the beam is directed into the entrance aperture. This trap comes with one removable TR3 post for mounting.
The beam trap has an internally SM05-threaded input aperture and is 30 mm cage system compatible. An SM05 Lens Tube can be attached directly to the input aperture to shield the laser beam path.
- Wavelength Range: 200 nm - 3 µm
- Laser Type: CW
- Max Average Power: 80 Wa
- Max Average Power Density: 150 W/cm² b
- Max Average Energy Density: 30 mJ/cm²
- Back Scatter: 2 x 10-4 c
- Entrance Aperture: Ø0.43"
- Max Acceptance Angled: ±5°
a. Housing temperature will exceed 100 °C above 40 W input power.
b. Performance of individual units may differ due to material variability.
c. Total integrated backscatter as a fraction of entrance beam power (at 633 nm).
d. In order to ensure optimum performance, measured from the optical axis in any direction.