Fiber Optic Power Meter Features
- InGaAs (PM20C or PM20CH) or Si (PM20A) Sensors
- Wavelength Range:
- 400 nm - 1100 nm (Si)
- 800 nm - 1700 nm (InGaAs)
- Power Ranges:
- -60 dBm to 16 dBm (1 nW - 40 mW) for PM20A
- -60 dBm to 13 dBm (1 nW - 20 mW) for PM20C
- -50 dBm to 23 dBm (10 nW - 200 mW) for PM20CH
- Interchangeable Fiber Connector, FC Adapter Included (SC, ST, LC, or SMA Adapters Can be Ordered Separately)
- Absolute and Relative Measurements Displayed in W, dBm, dB
- NIST-Traceable Wavelength Calibration in 5 nm Steps
- 50 Hours of Operation Between Charges
The PM20 Series of Fiber Optic Power Meters are robust, full-featured, handheld instruments, which together cover the full range of optical fiber applications within the 400 - 1700 nm range with optical powers ranging from -60 dBm to +23 dBm (1 nW - 200 mW). A rugged enclosure, internal sensors, and kickstand make these models ideal for field or lab applications.
Efficient, low-power circuitry provides long battery operation. The alphanumeric 8-digit LCD display allows easy power read-outs. The operation of the device is intuitive due to the clearly labeled key pad. All common features like wavelength setting, relative measurements, power read-out, and auto-shutdown are included. The PM20 is powered by a built-in rechargeable NiMH battery or by the included AC adapter that also recharges the battery. The unit comes with an FC fiber adapter that works with both FC/PC and FC/APC. Most industry standard fiber adapters (i.e. SMA, SC, ST, FC, and LC) are available for purchase and can be easily installed.
Thorlabs' Power Meter Compatibility Chart provides an overview of our complete optical and laser power meter product line, including sensor heads and compatibility information.
Each console comes with the following: the console with built-in sensor, FC fiber adapter (for FC/PC or FC/APC), 12 VDC power supply (PMPS12), Certificate of Calibration, and operating manual.