Thorlabs Custom Optogenetics Equipment
- Thorlabs' Optogenetics Equipment is used Extensively in Leading Optogenetics Labs
- Custom Optogenetics Equipment Built to Order
- Complete System Including Fiber Optic Cannulae, Fiber Patch Cables, and Light Sources
- Stork Components
- LED and Laser Light Sources
- Fiber Optic Patch Cables
- Fiber Optic Mating Sleeve
- Fiber Optic Cannulae
- Complete Optogenetics Starter Kit
- Next-Day Availability for Orders Placed Before 2 PM EST
Thorlabs offers a full line of optogenetics equipment for in vivo stimulation, including implantable fiber optic cannulae, fiber optic patch cables and rotary joint, and LED and laser light sources. We are also well equipped to provide custom optogenetics packages including fiber-coupled light sources and custom-made cannulae. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for individual assistance regarding optogenetics equipment selection.
Interactive Optogenetics System Schematic
Click on the components or labels for more details about our optogenetics line of products. Contact email@example.com for more information about our expanding line of optogenetics products.
Fiber Optic Cannula and Mating Sleeve
- Low Profile Implantable Fiber Optic Cannula
- Ø1.25 mm and Ø2.5 mm Ceramic and Stainless Steel Ferrules Available
- Ceramic Mating Sleeve Interconnect for Easy Connection
- Ø200 µm, Ø300 µm, and Ø400 µm Multimode Optical Fiber Available
- Precision-Cleaved or Scissor-Cut Fiber End
Thorlabs offers stock and custom fiber optic cannulae, which can be surgically mounted to the skull of the specimen using stereotactic guidance. Custom cannulae are available with a stainless steel or ceramic ferrules, and an array of different fiber types, lengths, and end terminations. See the Custom Cannula tab above for details.
Fiber Optic Patch Cables
- Large Selection of Multimode Fiber Patch Cables Ideal for Optogenetics
- Cables are Compatibelw with Ø1.25 mm and Ø2.5 mm Ferrule Cannulae
- Cables are Lightweight and Flexible for Specimen Mobility
Our optogenetics patch cables can be used to connect a light source to a fiber optic implantable cannulae. We offer small diameter fiber that minimizes tissue damage, as well as extra lightweight cables for Ø1.25 mm cannulae.
Specialty Fiber Patch Cables
- Extensive Custom Cable Capabilities and In-House Fiber Manufacturing
- Examples of Custom Optogenetics Cables Include:
- 7 to 1 Fan-Out Cable for Incorporating Multiple Light Sources into a Single Probe
- Stainless Steel Armored Cable for Protection from Specimen Damage
- See the Custom Cables Tab Above, or Contact Thorlabs Tech Support to Order a Custom Cable
We can custom fabricate cables, including armored cable for protection from specimen damage and fan out cables for incorporating multiple light sources into one fiber optic implant. See the Custom Cables tab above for details.
Thorlabs offers a variety of fiber-coupled light sources that can be used for in vivo stimulation. Our Fiber-Coupled LEDs offer a durable, economic solution with a variety of wavelenth choices. Our Fiber-Coupled Lasers, Pigtailed Laser Diodes, and Benchtop Laser Diodes provide higher power at the cannula tip, and our Multichannel Light Sources offers a variety of wavengths in a compact unit.