- Mounts Odd-Sized Optics into our Standard LMR-Series Mounts
- LMR05-Compatible Adapters can be Used Directly with SM05 Lens Tubes
- LMRA10 Adapter Mounts into LMR18 Mount
- Mounts for Ø5 mm, Ø6 mm, Ø6.35 mm, Ø7.0 mm,
Ø7.4 mm, Ø8 mm, Ø9 mm, and Ø10 mm Optics
- Glue Ports provided to secure optic into housing
In order to hold small optics, Thorlabs has introduced a series of stainless steel adapter rings that can be mounted in the LMR05 Ø1/2" Lens Mount (LMR18 Ø18 mm Lens Mount for LMRA10). These optic adapters are designed to allow the lens to be epoxied into place; simply place a drop or two of epoxy into each of the epoxy reservoirs located next to the lens in the adapter. Once the optic is secured in the adapter, the new assembly is held in our LMR05 with a SM05RR Retaining Ring. For optics with diameters greater than 10 mm, Thorlabs has expanded its existing line of LMR-Series lens mounts and retaining rings.
Incorporating Small Optics into Lens Tube Systems
In addition to providing a means for mounting small optics in our LMR series of lens mounts, the LMRA series of adapters (with the exception of LMRA10) are directly compatible with our SM05 Series Lens Tubes, making it possible to insert Ø5 - Ø9 mm optics into a lens tube system.